ADVERTISEMENT

More data - median age of COVID-19 death in GA as of today is 74 years of age and...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
93% of deaths have been those age 50 and over.

Of those under age 50 who died with COVID-19 the co-morbidity rate is 56%.

The total number of deaths with COVID-19 for anyone under 50 without a co-morbidity since March 2020 in Georgia has been 489. That is a rate of around 325 per year.

Everything above this point is drawn straight from state data of yesterday. What follows is comparative analysis...

For a healthy person under the age of 50, your risk of dying from COVID is significantly higher than the flu but significantly less than dying in an automobile accident. For someone age 17 and under your chances of dying from COVID are somewhat above the chances of dying from the flu and way, way less than dying in an automobile accident. For someone between 17 and 50, you have significantly more chance of dying from COVID than the flu and less chance of dying in an automobile accident.

I had to do some gymnastics to derive that comparative analysis so if anyone wants to challenge it please do so. Good-faith "opponents" like @willdup will help me out if I have missed anything...

Last edited:
93% of deaths have been those age 50 and over.

Of those under age 50 who died with COVID-19 the co-morbidity rate is 56%.

The total number of deaths with COVID-19 for anyone under 50 without a co-morbidity since March 2020 in Georgia has been 489. That is a rate of around 325 per year.

Everything above this point is drawn straight from state data of yesterday. What follows is comparative analysis...

For a healthy person under the age of 50, your risk of dying from COVID is significantly higher than the flu but significantly less than dying in an automobile accident. For someone age 17 and under your chances of dying from COVID are somewhat above the chances of dying from the flu and way, way less than dying in an automobile accident. For someone between 17 and 50, you have significantly more chance of dying from COVID than the flu and less chance of dying in an automobile accident.

I had to do some gymnastics to derive that comparative analysis so if anyone wants to challenge it please do so. Good-faith "opponents" like @willdup will help me out if I have missed anything...
Hmmmm...so basically, there about as many 50 years olds dying from COVID as 108 year olds. Not sure how many 108 year olds we have but I am guessing they are all dead now. Of course, when a 20 year old dies we all have to remember there a person that’s 138 year old person who is dying as well.
Wear your obedience mask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT