ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE More intel on Kevin Wynn

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
I went to go see Florida State commit Kevin Wynn play tonight. He blocked three kicks and racked up eight tackles, including two sacks and two tackles for loss (by my count). He was completely dominant tonight in a win. I also talked with him after the game, and as reported earlier this week, UGA is still after the FSU pledge. He plans to return to campus sometime this fall and said his recruitment isn't completely shut down.

Wynn hears from Tray Scott almost daily since Christian Garrett backed off his commitment. Before last week, communication was weekly. Also, after talking with some people at the game, I learned that UGA has allegedly upped its NIL game with Wynn. NIL wasn't ever really a big deal for Wynn. He picked FSU because he grew up as a Seminoles fan. Wynn wants to be a chef when his football career ends, and FSU catered (no pun intended) to his career choice. Either way, Georgia finished second in his recruitment. He loves Scott and the program. UGA is the home state school and a short 40-minute drive from Greensboro.

Wynn will have to make a big decision in the next few months. Does he stick with his commitment to FSU or flip to Georgia? USC offered him a lot of NIL money, but he told their staff it was between Georgia and FSU. He initially picked the Seminoles, but now Georgia is allegedly pitching him a sweet NIL package and the idea of staying home and being a Bulldog. In the past, he did say he wanted to play with Elijah Griffin and Justus Terry. This is one to monitor over the next few weeks or months. Georgia is very much in this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.