ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Movie suggestion

PappyDawg2727

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2017
Columbia, Misery
Some friends of ours invited us to go see 'A Man Called Otto' yesterday, then some awesome Philly cheese sammiches at a local Blues joint. Good food, good friends, good beers..... but that movie!! Dayum

I haven't been paying attention as closely as I should maybe. I had no idea. Tom Hanks= comedy, right? Well, not always. 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Castaway', etc. Tom seems to have put aside his slapstick past permanently.

But, 'Otto'. SONUVAB...... Almost 'Ole Yeller' or 'Champ' with the boohoos. Chit! Woman on the row behind us was absolutely blubbering. Snot everywhere!

And to make it even more fun, we had a frickin BAT in the theater with us. Not constantly flying. Just in and out occasionally. With the occasional brief flicker across the light, we only caught glimpses and thought it was a bird early in the show.

Told the movie kids about it on our way out. First maroon came around the corner with a broom. Oh boy. Second hero found the parking lot blower (electric) somewhere and headed down the hall to join the fight. I did suggest they leave it alone and just rerun a vampire movie and advertise with the special FX. Blank stare. No sense of humor atoll.

Still, for those of you peeps that could use a good cry, or any TCU/Tennessee/Bama lurkers who have been doing a lot of crying lately, I can recommend 'A Man Called Otto'.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News