ADVERTISEMENT

Moving slow this morning…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
much like that crazy 20-inning game in 2019, you get to a certain point and just can’t turn it off. I didn’t get to go last night, it’s hard to make the mid week games… I did watch it on TV while listening to JD and DJ, until technical issues arose with the app.

Anyway… I started drifting off during the commercial breaks around the 14th inning. But was able to stay awake for tbr game action.

I take my daughter to school in the mornings, which savagely starts at 735a. But she likes to eat breakfast at school too, so we usually leave about 705a. Needless to say, the alarm clock went off quickly this morning.

Only thing I regret is that we didn’t get a hit to win it. But that wasn’t much of a concern in the moment!

For me, the biggest story last was Chandler Marsh. Hes been a non factor to this point, though we’ve seen the ability for two years now. JD talked on the pregame show about how our postseason teams have had a guy who had not played a big role, step up around this point in the year. He mentioned Zach Harris as potentially that guy in the pregame. Very reasonable take. But this morning it seems like that guy might just be Chandler Marsh.

Beyond individual stuff, did anyone really expect us to hold Clemson to 3 runs over 15 innings?! These guys scored 22 runs in their series against South Carolina, and usually get to around 20 runs in their conference series this year. Their lineup isn’t like ours, but it’s strong… and we shut them down all night.

I know we didn’t make a play in RF last night. Aside from that, it was a pretty good defensive game too… especially late. After the RF play, we didn’t do anything defensively to beat ourselves. We are never going to be a strong defensive team this year, but it very quietly seems to have stabilized a bit.

On the downside, this is now three games in a row where we haven’t done much with the bats. Hopefully we get that going again this weekend. I like Fernando Gonzalez in the 9 hole… that’s been a good change. And I like Dylan Goldstein at the top also.

As frustrating as we’ve been at times, I’ve really enjoyed watching this team. This has been the most fun season we’ve had in awhile, to me anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News