ADVERTISEMENT

My dog is dying. Best dog I ever had.

Stump One

National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2021
First thread I’ve ever posted. And most likely the last.

You know, I’ve got a 13 year old lab who is dying. Probably going to have to put her down tomorrow.

And I know a dog is a dog. But you all know dogs are family. They just are. And a death in the family puts a lot of things in perspective. Even if it’s just my Dee Dee, the best damn dog “Dawg” in the world.

Made me think about what’s really important. And how even some important things, like our Dawgs! Aren’t really life or death. Our Dawg team, they’re important to me. Just as they are to you. But it’s just football. That’s all.

So I just want to thank you guys for giving me a few laughs this morning as I read over a couple of threads. All you armchair quarterbacks and armchair head coaches. Your opinions are about as valuable to you, as my opinions are to me. I get it. And I needed a laugh this morning. And most all of y’all supplied that laugh. And I thank you.

Y’all are funny. With opinions so thoughtful and thoroughly thought out. Everybody has an opinion. But I find it funny, that some of yall are more concerned with your own high and mighty reasons we didn’t score eighty points on UK. And even more concerned with letting everyone know you’ve got it all figured out what the problem is.

Y'all may be right, some of y'all. But most of y'all really are funny. Thinking y’all’s opinions mean much of anything to anyone else, except yourself.

So anyway, I’m gonna bury my dog tomorrow. Enjoy my memories of the best damn brown lab anyone could ever have had. And then wait a week for my other Dawgs, maybe only 13- 12. To kick some bama ass.

Instead of worrying so damn much. I’m anticipating a killer game. And a win for my Dee Dee, and her favorite team. Those damn hairy Dawgs from Athens Georgia.

So y’all keep spreading the news on how we’re gonna lose, and why. While I’m ok just getting ready for a win. To shut bama up, and maybe for a couple of you guys to realize. It’s more fun to pull for your team, than talk shit against your team. I read a lot of shit talk today.

I’m not preaching, just observing. Get out of that armchair. Stop trying to be the head coach, or the OC, or Carson Beck. And enjoy this beat down of bama. Because it’s coming. Guys, this is our time. Our D has got this. And Carson and our offense will show up, I guarantee it.

Don’t underestimate Kirby, or his team. Not now, we’ve came to far to be bitching and moaning and pointing fingers at each other.

We can point fingers Sunday morning. At those suffering bama fans, who thought they had an easy win. Just the same as a lot of you seem to feel.

I’m finished now. Guess I bitched a bit too, didn’t I. But hey, enjoy the game. Because it’s the game, that sometimes levels out the good and the not so good things of life.

Anticipate smiling, not crying. We got a big game in a week. I know, I’m a little scared. But I also know, you gotta play the game before you lose or win.

Man, I’m so much looking forward to this game. Win or lose, we’ll be there. Wait and see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.