ADVERTISEMENT

My Freshman son’s assessment of Columbia.

TimberRidgeDawg

We HUNT!
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2010
Marietta, GA
Spoke to my son after he got back to Athens this afternoon after a weekend in Columbia.

TL;DR review...
Columbia sucks. I’m never going back to that s**thole again”

Friday Night- Hit some bars. Said it was OK but not Athens. Got some FUs and F Georgia’s because of his shirt but no trouble.
Sat Game- He and his buddy sat in the shade among SCar season ticket holders. Still hot as hell. Some guy in the row below would turn around to high five them anytime SCar did something positive. Just to mess with him. When we started pouring it on them in the 3rd. He tapped him on the shoulder to high five him and caught a F U. Some other woman complained about them cheering for the Dogs and said it was bothering her but the SCar fans started clearing out in the third and the rest just shut up.
Sat Night - Out to the bars. Still in UGA stuff. Was ordering a drink at bar, not bothering anyone. Some SCar fan starts up with the F Us and F Georgia’s and flips a bird in his face. He shoved the guys hand out of his face because he was done with it and of course he gets tossed out and the jacksss that instigated it stays. Went to a couple of places but everything is spread out and Uber is pricey and not enough running. In short, a crappy place to be a college student on a Sat night if you’re accustomed to Athens.

I warned him before he left. Now he knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News