ADVERTISEMENT

My question to Kirby is .... Why Can't We?

Golfin_Dawg

National Champion
May 29, 2001
I've been stewing on this one for a week and I just want to know.

Kirby said in the after game press conference that our defense didn't make stops and we were in essence getting in scoring contest and we don't "want to have to do that". Why not? We once had Justin Fields on the bench. Great chance to have elite offense then. We have JT, while not as mobile (I'm so sick of hearing that), does offer us down field options. Well over 90% of Stetson's passes are within 10 yards. YAC make them appear to be longer passes...BUT THEY ARE NOT. So all a great defense has to do is defend within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Why don't we build an offense that can get into a scoring contest? Alabama did. Ohio State did. Why can't we?

I'm not here to bash Stetson. He's a dawg lover. He plays with all he's got. He is not elite. I want elite. I want explosive. For once, build an offense up to par with our defense. Drop the "safe - won't lose the game" offense.

Reactions: drillerdawg
I've been stewing on this one for a week and I just want to know.

Kirby said in the after game press conference that our defense didn't make stops and we were in essence getting in scoring contest and we don't "want to have to do that". Why not? We once had Justin Fields on the bench. Great chance to have elite offense then. We have JT, while not as mobile (I'm so sick of hearing that), does offer us down field options. Well over 90% of Stetson's passes are within 10 yards. YAC make them appear to be longer passes...BUT THEY ARE NOT. So all a great defense has to do is defend within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Why don't we build an offense that can get into a scoring contest? Alabama did. Ohio State did. Why can't we?

I'm not here to bash Stetson. He's a dawg lover. He plays with all he's got. He is not elite. I want elite. I want explosive. For once, build an offense up to par with our defense. Drop the "safe - won't lose the game" offense.
Is Ohio State in play off ?Before you worry to much about what Kirby needs to do is wait to the season over.
Hell if win all maybe we can keep him on as coach

Is Ohio State in play off ?Before you worry to much about what Kirby needs to do is wait to the season over.
Hell if win all maybe we can keep him on as coach
They are not but it's not too much to wish for an "elite" (his words) offense. You don't have to like it but we can't win games with offense, that's a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT