ADVERTISEMENT

My sixth season on the UGASports.com staff

dayneyoung

Aug 29, 2018
I pale in comparison to Radi and Dash in years of experience, but I'm so grateful to be beginning my sixth football season with UGASports.com. In total, I've been covering Georgia football for 12 years.

Growing up in little ole Brewton (between East Dublin and Wrightsville....but not Lovett. ew), it remains a fulfilled childhood dream to constantly examine and understand the connection between this team, this university, and this state.

While I don't care about wins and losses like I did back in those Brewton days — the job requires that — I do care about stories. There have been a whole lot of those around Georgia football in recent years. More are coming this year. I care just as much about the jokes that come from those stories.

This community is special. I'm proud to be a part of it. I'm forever grateful to @Radi Nabulsi for seeing potential in what I do and boosting my sports media career. UGASports has big stuff planned this year.

I caution you all against "natty or bust." That isn't a healthy way to live. While I expect this team to be in the mix the whole season, I also see it is having to overcome more adversity than it has in either of the past two seasons.

It's here! Let's have some fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News