ADVERTISEMENT

ND Ok, "Alex Anthopoulos"...

Calebhuff4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2021
What is your strategy at the trade deadline given the news on Fried being moved to the 60 day DL? Clearly this suggests that Fried experienced discomfort in his latest throwing session.

What needs to be considered here is the possibility that both Wright, and Fried make it back. Also, I'm confident I can make the playoffs with this team as is, and certainly by adding one decent pitcher. In the playoffs, I only need one more pitcher to add to the current rotation (hopefully Fried or Wright). So what happens if I trade some farm pieces for a starting pitcher, and then both guys end up getting healthy and making it back? What am I to do with the new acquisition? So do you trade for a rental here? Not ideal. Morton could be gone next year but frankly he is the most reliable pitcher in the rotation in terms of health. Strider is a walking Tommy John waiting to happen (knock on wood) and Elder is doing EXTREMELY well for him to stay healthy in the Braves rotation. Morton is your 250k mile Camry in the driveway that you know will crank every morning. He's not the best, but he's the least risky investment at this point.

What I do is get a healthy body as cheap as I can that can come in and get me innings. If I can get this guy and he can come in and give up 4-5 runs a start in 5 or 6 innings, I'd be ok with that as long as I did not trade anyone I cared about. I'll still get some wins with that guy because of my lineup, and I'll make the playoffs with the hope of Fried joining Elder, Strider, and Morton. Give me "Odorizzi" plus a couple of solid pen arms and I'm good banking on one of my aces to get healthy in time for the playoff.

Reactions: DawgYankee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News