ADVERTISEMENT

ND- so I decided to watch some of the WC

The flopping is frustrating, yes, but it's a direct result of the rules, which punish fouls more severely than any other sport by far. It is definitely the weakness of the sport - you are rewarded for exaggerating harm from a foul.

Anyone who thinks these Russia and Croatia teams aren't showing how 'tough' they are has a definition of that term that doesn't make any sense to me.

The flopping is frustrating, yes, but it's a direct result of the rules, which punish fouls more severely than any other sport by far. It is definitely the weakness of the sport - you are rewarded for exaggerating harm from a foul.

Anyone who thinks these Russia and Croatia teams aren't showing how 'tough' they are has a definition of that term that doesn't make any sense to me.
Come on man. The Croatian goalie acted like he’d torn his hamstring off of his tibia for about a minute from simply kneeling down. Bunch of babies. At least in the MLB they don’t even rub it when it hurts.

Come on man. The Croatian goalie acted like he’d torn his hamstring off of his tibia for about a minute from simply kneeling down. Bunch of babies. At least in the MLB they don’t even rub it when it hurts.
You think he just randomly was holding his hamstring when he had zero reason to fake injury and waste time when Croatia wanted to finish it in regulation?

Reactions: DaltonDawg47
Talent - sure
Stamina - absolutely
Toughness - ZERO

I’ve never seen as many 4u$$ie$ in one place since the Chicken ranch in 1993. Ridiculous!
jesus op, you post this garbage in the middle of an incredible match between Croatia and Russia?

iCWOGrq.gif

Yep. After I turned it. Bunch of pansies. Sorry but that is what I think. Now back to your match. I’m watching bread bake.
Let me guess, you think baseball is exciting?

Those slobs can't run 90' without pulling a hamstring.

You think he just randomly was holding his hamstring when he had zero reason to fake injury and waste time when Croatia wanted to finish it in regulation?
You seriously think he was injured? That’s my point. These guys would get killed playing”football”. And I’m talking on the high school level.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Yep. I was raised trying to hit a round ball with a round bat coming at me at 80 to 90 mph. But that’s neither here nor there. I’d personally rather watch bass fishing if the USA isn’t playing.
there is a reason NASCAR exists.

Here is a hint - the worst athletes play baseball.

And there is a reason why soccer rewards players for flopping. Because their a bunch of yellow pansies.
don't get mad - we all know most baseball players couldn't last 10 min on the pitch.

Just enjoy your NASCAR, bass fishing and July baseball while hating on the greatest athletes in the world.

Yep. I was raised trying to hit a round ball with a round bat coming at me at 80 to 90 mph. But that’s neither here nor there. I’d personally rather watch bass fishing if the USA isn’t playing.
I played baseball growing up through high school. The level of athlete playing soccer is in another world compared to baseball players.

Reactions: LochDawg
You seriously think he was injured? That’s my point. These guys would get killed playing”football”. And I’m talking on the high school level.

So you think Malcolm Mitchell wasn't injured celebrating that TG3 touchdown? You don't have to get hit in order to be injured. He had absolutely no reason to flop or waste time in that scenario. It could've been a cramp or maybe he just tweaked it, but I really don't think he was faking in that scenario.

Every sport has something that its' fans hate. It's part of sports, but we get over it.

Dude I couldn’t last 5 minutes out there for over 20 years and I doubt you could either. But what I can or can’t do now has absolutely nothing to do w what I enjoy watching. However, I didn’t see a single soul out there today that I wouldn’t have curb stomped 20 years ago either. To each his own, man. Now go watch your match or you may miss the only play worth a damn the whole game.

Some people enjoy watching orchestras, watching birds, watching astronomical events, bullfighting, drag racing, and cooking.

Most of those involve low toughness and/or dramatized action.

Can you believe it? Can’t wait until you tell me about other things you don’t enjoy watching.

like comparing apples to walruses.
I didn’t say they couldn’t run and dribble w their feet. I said they weren’t tough and I’m sorry. I’ve seen a girls softball team w more toughness.

Yes there can be some diving to try to get a card. Refs can and do sometime card for simulation, probably should do it more when it gets out of hand.

On the other hand, if you actually played it, you’d find it can be a very rough game. No pads, shoes are basically socks glued to sole plates with metal studs. Some 160+ lb guy that’s nothing but a ball of muscle hits you low with them at full speed, it’s going to hurt like hell and you can’t sub off because there are only three per game. My son broke an arm getting laid out a couple of years ago.. One of his teammates had his femur broken and dislocated an ankle this spring. Going into the box on a set piece is like driving the lane in the NBA. There are elbows and cheap shots aplenty. You could call my son a pussy at your own risk. . I don’t think anybody would.want to say it to his face.

Reactions: DaltonDawg47
I played baseball growing up through high school. The level of athlete playing soccer is in another
look, if we hurt your feelings it was unintentional.

Enjoy your lite beer, barker lounger and some July baseball.
Im enjoying all of the above except a nice scotch instead of the beer and I don’t think it was me that had their feelings hurt. I’m reading all these to my wife and laughing the whole time. I guess soccer fans are as sensitive as the players. Oh crap, I feel a red card is on the way.

Im enjoying all of the above except a nice scotch instead of the beer and I don’t think it was me that had their feelings hurt. I’m reading all these to my wife and laughing the whole time. I guess soccer fans are as sensitive as the players. Oh crap, I feel a red card is on the way.
LMAO - wow.

Since opinions are like a**holes and everybody has one, here's mine:

The skills of these players in the World Cup is phenomenal and I am amazed at what they can do without using their hands. It's got some of the things you see in ballet. Great athleticism and awesome skills even though ballet/soccer can both leave you restless at times during the performance.

Since opinions are like a**holes and everybody has one, here's mine:

The skills of these players in the World Cup is phenomenal and I am amazed at what they can do without using their hands. It's got some of the things you see in ballet. Great athleticism and awesome skills even though ballet/soccer can both leave you restless at times during the performance.
Greatest athlete without using hands OR feet: Linda Lovelace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT