ADVERTISEMENT

ND: The United States Postal Service...

We use to have our "own" USPS distribution center here in Asheville. They closed it down a few years ago. And now UPS has a deal with USPS to hand off packages to them in Greenville to deliver to Asheville. How is that working?

Example:
UPS usually gets my package, usually a guitar, to deliver from the West Coast. I track it across the country where it is transferred at 2 or 3 distribution centers where it takes 3 or 4 hours to transfer to a different truck. They then drive thru Asheville to get to our distribution center an hour South in Greenville. When they hand it off to USPS in SC, it "hangs around" for a couple of days in their warehouse before they send it back to me in Asheville.

Last edited:
Years ago the Post Office wanted a post office on the strip in Vegas. They already had one off the strip but wanted to be on the strip, they said so customers could find them. Well, they opened up a facility on the strip and were pay back then 1 million per year to lease the building. Their total volume did not increase, because everybody already knew where the old location was. The bottom line is that the US Post office waste money and keeps asking for more. The phony express became obsolete and so has the post office.
Not USPS, but I know a lot of Fedex shipments seem to go missing after arriving in Memphis. If it hasn't moved on from there in over a week consider it "lost." They "lost" a watch order of mine there last year. While futilely waiting for a tracking update I came across numerous credible complaints about that hub.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT