ADVERTISEMENT

NEED INFO FAST

several years ago, I did the research and went with a tankless and loved it. It was awesome. Instant hot water. The cost benefit analysis for me was the cost of running the gas line from and to. There is a cost to running the electric hwh all the time and made it real easy to wash clothes, dishes and showers at the same time.

I was very happy and then moved. I am sure they have even improved in the last few years.

To me, it is a no brainer if the cost to running the gas line is fair. Also, consider rebates and deductions for being energy efficient.

Hope it helps. Go Dawgs!

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
We have a tankless system now. It takes a little longer to warm up but it stays hot forever it seems like. I think its worth it

Got the tankless and was one of the best home upgrades ever. Saved a ton on energy prices and if it’s in the basement, it won’t be flooded if your water heater goes out.

Only downfall is waiting in hot water to start a little linger

Another disadvantage to tankless is the volume of hot water supplied. Hard to take two hot showers at the same time (if that's a requirement for you).

I hear tankless causes people to lose their short term memory. Wait, what were you asking?

Another disadvantage to tankless is the volume of hot water supplied. Hard to take two hot showers at the same time (if that's a requirement for you).
I can run 3 showers at once. Only drawback is no reserve if power is out. Can be ran off generator tho.

Reactions: ephesiandawg
Need help. Anyone got any info on tank vs tankless water heater.
I got tankless ...I have 3 daughters and a wife ....zero issues with amount of hot water available - I’ve had mine for prob 10 yrs ....only issue I have had is in year 8 probably .....started getting a code for scale buildup and I got it again this summer - had to have plumber come out and essentially pump vinegar through it for about 30 mins

Power goes out, your tank water heater still works. Other than that, price is good. Tankless is the way to go

Reactions: jenkinscreekdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT