ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Need recommendations/help finding a decent bottle of bourbon for my mom...

UGADawgGuy

a.k.a. 00 Dawg
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Johns Creek, Georgia
So, my mom has -- out of nowhere, at age 74 -- gotten into bourbon over the past year or so. I think she went to a "bourbon and bacon tasting," or something along those lines, in late 2022, and since then, she's regularly drinking old fashioneds. I find all of this outstanding.

With that in mind, I'd like to get my mom a decent bottle of non-rye bourbon, ideally a wheated bourbon, for Christmas. But I don't know how to go about this or where to look.

My price limit is about $150, which I know means no truly elite booze, but it is what it is. Is it even possible to find a better-than-average, "special occasion"-type bottle of wheated bourbon for $150 these days? If so, what would you recommend, and where can I buy it?

I specifically don't want to get her an $80 bottle you can readily find anywhere; I'm hoping $150 might get her something at least a little bit special/out-of-the-ordinary. Am I deluding myself?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News