ADVERTISEMENT

News coverage on a Monday for Devon Archer

Who was extortated, when, what was given what was recieved, what was the threat that influenced the benefit, where is the verifiable proof?

My point remains: Your demonstrated "standard" on this board of what type of 'corruption' of officials (e.g. Trump) is far-different than what you "demand" of for Biden.

I don't know if either is actually guilty of anything. But, come on dude...this isn't some unverified 'pee tape' paid for by a political opponent.

Bribery? What else would millions of dollars to a politician's family be for? I don't think we have all the data, yet. But, the law is pretty clear & broad on this point. Pick your poison:

(b)Whoever—
(1)directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers or promises anything of value to any public official or person who has been selected to be a public official, or offers or promises any public official or any person who has been selected to be a public official to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent—
(A)
to influence any official act; or
(B)
to influence such public official or person who has been selected to be a public official to commit or aid in committing, or collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or
(C)
to induce such public official or such person who has been selected to be a public official to do or omit to do any act in violation of the lawful duty of such official or person;
(2)being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for:
(A)
being influenced in the performance of any official act;
(B)
being influenced to commit or aid in committing, or to collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or
(C)
being induced to do or omit to do any act in violation of the official duty of such official or person;
(3)
directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any person, or offers or promises such person to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent to influence the testimony under oath or affirmation of such first-mentioned person as a witness upon a trial, hearing, or other proceeding, before any court, any committee of either House or both Houses of Congress, or any agency, commission, or officer authorized by the laws of the United States to hear evidence or take testimony, or with intent to influence such person to absent himself therefrom;
(4)
directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity in return for being influenced in testimony under oath or affirmation as a witness upon any such trial, hearing, or other proceeding, or in return for absenting himself therefrom;
shall be fined under this title or not more than three times the monetary equivalent of the thing of value, whichever is greater, or imprisoned for not more than fifteen years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.
(c)Whoever—
(1)otherwise than as provided by law for the proper discharge of official duty—
(A)
directly or indirectly gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official, for or because of any official act performed or to be performed by such public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official; or
(B)
being a public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official, otherwise than as provided by law for the proper discharge of official duty, directly or indirectly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally for or because of any official act performed or to be performed by such official or person;
(2)
directly or indirectly, gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any person, for or because of the testimony under oath or affirmation given or to be given by such person as a witness upon a trial, hearing, or other proceeding, before any court, any committee of either House or both Houses of Congress, or any agency, commission, or officer authorized by the laws of the United States to hear evidence or take testimony, or for or because of such person’s absence therefrom;
(3)
directly or indirectly, demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally for or because of the testimony under oath or affirmation given or to be given by such person as a witness upon any such trial, hearing, or other proceeding, or for or because of such person’s absence therefrom;
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than two years, or both.
Moose again what was the crime? Who was bribed and for what?

My point remains: Your demonstrated "standard" on this board of what type of 'corruption' of officials (e.g. Trump) is far-different than what you "demand" of for Biden.

I don't know if either is actually guilty of anything. But, come on dude...this is some unverified 'pee tape' paid for by a political opponent.
I wish we had as much evidence on Biden as we had on Trump, I'd be with you guys but the fact of the matter is it doesn't exist

Against Hunter is a POS and don't care about him. What is the crime of bribery and extoration that's supposed to committee by Joe?
Oh I don’t know. Duh. Conspiracy to commit extortion or bribery. He was allegedly sitting right beside him. I guess it could be treason too.

the-office-michael.gif

See above. I don't know, man. But, you have got to be kidding me defending Biden on what we already know. You should be as upset about this. There is a LOT of smoke, here. Maybe Biden is innocent. But, given what we already know, that's not a great place to be for a POTUS.
Influence peddling absolutely which I wish were illegal
Did you even read the US code I provided? Take you pick of possible crimes. AGAIN, I'm not saying anything has been proven, yet. But, there is a long list of possibilities.
Now link which what you posted to a specific crime that Biden has committed.

There it is. Tds. You almost made it thru one thread. Lol.
This entire thread the main grievance is who the low isn't being equally applied to Biden as it was to Trump. You MAGA Republicans can't stop defending a man who thinks you're all jokes...and that's the punchline

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The cognitive dissonance is staggering. (note: not a 'defense' of Trump) But, given the 4 years of almost-weekly spin-up of "the walls are closing!", followed by flame-outs or exaggeration of inaccurate reporting should have set a new standard on how to react to this type of news.

But, the almost Baghdad Bob-like denial of what is either proven or uncontested facts is really frustrating. We should all want our politicians to be free of corruption. Best case: This just looks really, really bad for Biden & he's so unconnected from the reality of what his son is doing that he legitimately was ignorant.

The problem is that if he's POTUS...how is that ok?

...and if this many government agencies had this much information...what does that mean?
See above. I don't know, man. But, you have got to be kidding me defending Biden on what we already know. You should be as upset about this. There is a LOT of smoke, here. Maybe Biden is innocent. But, given what we already know, that's not a great place to be f
See above. I don't know, man. But, you have got to be kidding me defending Biden on what we already know. You should be as upset about this. There is a LOT of smoke, here. Maybe Biden is innocent. But, given what we already know, that's not a great place to be fo
Did you even read the US code I provided? Take you pick of possible crimes. AGAIN, I'm not saying anything has been proven, yet. But, there is a long list of possibilities.
The person you are attempting to engage is a permanent resident of La La Land. Will never admit the obvious. Place him on ignore and save yourself some key strokes.

See above. I don't know, man. But, you have got to be kidding me defending Biden on what we already know. You should be as upset about this. There is a LOT of smoke, here. Maybe Biden is innocent. But, given what we already know, that's not a great place to be for a POTUS.
I know. Regardless of any participation. Your son is peddling influence on your behalf. You don’t get to skate on that when you are the president. Especially when he is on boards all over the place. Any hint of collusion is enough. It is amazing how far. In his defense, quite sure sho thought oj was actually innocent.

Influence peddling absolutely which I wish were illegal

Now link which what you posted to a specific crime that Biden has committed.

Seriously? You were ready to politically behead Trump on far-less. My point isn't defending Trump or saying that Biden is guilty of anything...it's that there is a lot here & everyone should be concerned. I think there is a lot more to find out.

You asking me to tell you specifically ID what crime Biden committed is BS. I don't know, but the link I provided is very broad....especially since his family received MILLIONS of dollars for no known product or service other than his name.

I'm at "wait and see", but flabbergasted that you appear to be defending him (despite how bad it looks) & didn't give Trump the same benefit of the doubt.

This entire thread the main grievance is who the low isn't being equally applied to Biden as it was to Trump. You MAGA Republicans can't stop defending a man who thinks you're all jokes...and that's the punchline
More tds. When did I defend trump once in this thread. You can’t win an argument. So you just make it up as you go along. Biden doesn’t want his kids to be part of a racial jungle bud. What does that say about you. You will sacrifice any belief won’t you to defend him. I remember something about predators. And Obama being clean and articulate. The first of his kind. Joe’s words. And you defend him. It is obvious what he thinks about you.

That's a lot of name calling/labeling & projection based off nothing more than some of us saying "this looks bad for Biden".

Where is the defense of Trump?

Seriously? You were ready to politically behead Trump on far-less. My point isn't defending Trump or saying that Biden is guilty of anything...it's that there is a lot here & everyone should be concerned. I think there is a lot more to find out.

You asking me to tell you specifically ID what crime Biden committed is BS. I don't know, but the link I provided is very broad....especially since his family received MILLIONS of dollars for no known product or service other than his name.

I'm at "wait and see", but flabbergasted that you appear to be defending him (despite how bad it looks) & didn't give Trump the same benefit of the doubt.
Interesting you say that because I remember very specifically you and other MAGA Republicans defending Thomas for all the lavish gifts he was given by a GOP Super Donor. 🤔

I'm flabbergasted by you Sir in your blatant hypocrisy.

• Haha
Interesting you say that because I remember very specifically you and other MAGA Republicans defending Thomas for all the lavish gifts he was given by a GOP Super Donor. 🤔

I'm flabbergasted by you Sir in you blatant hypocrisy.
Now you are trolling a mod. Lol. Low iq is spot on.

• Haha
Reactions: shonuff253
More tds. When did I defend trump once in this thread. You can’t win an argument. So you just make it up as you go along. Biden doesn’t want his kids to be part of a racial jungle bud. What does that say about you. You will sacrifice any belief won’t you to defend him. I remember something about predators. And Obama being clean and articulate. The first of his kind. Joe’s words. And you defend him. It is obvious what he thinks about you.
Well when your side wants to change history to make it sound as though slavery benefited AA and was some sort of jobs program, I'll pick Joe over your side any day.

Well when your side wants to change history to make it sound as though slavery benefited AA and was some sort of jobs program, I'll pick Joe over your side any day.
Haha. Yea. You had nothing there. You walked into that one. That was pathetic. You know I am right. You know what he thinks of you. And you defend him. Shameful.

How am I trolling a mod. Moose is a big boy and he can take as good as he's given. Unless you're trying to egg him into banning me? Sad tactic
No. I am assuming you are trolling. Giving you the benefit of the doubt because of how bad that post was. My mistake.

Good Lord, man, you investigate when you suspect someone has committed a crime. The investigation uncovers the crime.

And any dull normal idiot knows the Bidens are dirty.
You investigate when you have a specific claim or incident of a crime being committed. What is the specific criminal act or event?

I'm flabbergasted by you Sir in you blatant hypocrisy.

1. This is a strawman argument.

2. I'm a "MAGA Republican"? You have no idea who I am or what I believe.

3. There is a reason the Thomas story died. Had it been anything other than a political hit-job (as evidenced by the blatant disregard of other questionable financial deals by more liberal members of the court), I'd have worried, too.

To quote you: Name the crime.

EDIT: I have pissed off plenty of "Pro-Trump" posters around here, because I post what I believe. Please do not assign a label to me.

No idea what's ultimately true. But, the FD-1023 recently released by Grassley quotes a "highly credible" source that reported a criminal scheme involving then-VP Joe Biden and Burisma. According to the FD-1023 summary, Burisma’s owner specifically referenced the firing of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

Among the sources's conversations with Burisma’s owner, shortly after Biden made his first public statement about Shokin “being corrupt”, Shokin was investigating Burisma, and Zlochevsky told the source that “Hunter will take care of all of those issues through his dad.”

But after the 2016 election, the source talked again with Zlochevsky, who noted that “Shokin had already been fired, and no investigation was currently going on…” That's apparently significant because Biden has claimed he pushed for Shokin’s firing because Shokin was not investigating Burisma, which is the opposite of what's detailed in the FD-1023.

LINK

I guess it's a question of who's telling the truth.
Same prosecutor he mentions in this video? Took me forever to find this
Starts at 52:02

Reactions: zingerdawg
Good Lord, man, you investigate when you suspect someone has committed a crime. The investigation uncovers the crime.

They are making millions from some where. I haven’t seen where he wrote a book. At least Obama covered his millions by writing a book which was bullshit by the way.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Another political-season firestorm of misrepresentation. I guess you should take it up w/ the African American that helped developed the Florida Curriculum? William B Allen?

William_B._Allen.jpg

I think you have a source-problem of what you read. I make it a point to read everything...even from those that I disagree with. You keep parroting far-left talking points.

How am I trolling a mod. Moose is a big boy and he can take as good as he's given. Unless you're trying to egg him into banning me? Sad tactic

zinger is wrong, here. I cannot be trolled ;)

You investigate when you have a specific claim or incident of a crime being committed. What is the specific criminal act or event?

That's not entirely correct. Murder? Sure...investigate it. Evidence of money changing hands, like this? Investigate "why".

There doesn't have to be a "specific claim". Prosecutors decide what to charge. We're still in the data-gathering part. Maybe nothing comes of it...but, there is a lot here. It would be criminal not to continue to dig.

1. This is a strawman argument.

2. I'm a "MAGA Republican"? You have no idea who I am or what I believe.

3. There is a reason the Thomas story died. Had it been anything other than a political hit-job (as evidenced by the blatant disregard of other questionable financial deal by more liberal members of the court), I'd have worried, too.

To quote you: Name the crime.
Not to mention the timing. It came out Right after schumer said there would be repercussions for their ruling. The biggest reason it went away was the United front the court gave in response to the bs attack. They basically laid a gauntlet out for the Democrat party. Keep going down this road at your own peril.

Should I also post comments from Rep Daniels, Senator Scott and ex-Rep Hurd to think other wise? Also notice I didn't say White MAGA Republicans...you MAGA types come in all the colors.

Please stop calling me "MAGA", or I'm going to ignore you. That's not me. You keep wielding that as a weapon to disagree with me, when I'm immune to those effects. You're either ignoring what I'm telling you about myself or you're being disingenuous. Either way, it's a poor response. How about you start responding to content vs. labels? I've done my best to treat you the same.

People are free to have opinions, my point was people across ethnicities have opinions (including one that helped write what you took issue with). I think the entire "issue" was created to hurt DeSantis, when he played no part in authoring the curriculum.

If there is an issue with it...take it up w/ those that wrote it.

No one on the left has claimed Hunter is an angle and not a POS...the dudes a dirt bag. In peddled his fathers position into lucrative corporate positions but under our shitty political system that ain't a crime. You want to make a law that outlaws influence peddling and lobbying I'm all for it 100%. If you're in government office all your financial records should e made public, let's have real finance campaign reform, let's get l the super PAC and dark money out of politics and elections. Find a crime, and this isn't a dear or challenge but find me a specific crime to investigate that hasn't already been disroven and I'm onboard.

Haha. Yea. You had nothing there. You walked into that one. That was pathetic. You know I am right. You know what he thinks of you. And you defend him. Shameful

o
I wish we had as much evidence on Biden as we had on Trump, I'd be with you guys but the fact of the matter is it doesn't exist
Man you are a blind screwed up brainwashed lib. They are getting political favors from Ukraine and China.Thats the reason they are shoveling money to Ukraine and that’s why Biden is pushing this electric car bullshit. China will own the US if we let him push this so called green energy deal through. This is all a plan by the Biden administration and China to destroy our Country.

Reactions: zingerdawg
People are free to have opinions, my point was people across ethnicities have opinions (including one that helped write what you took issue with). I think the entire "issue" was created to hurt DeSantis, when he played non part in authoring the curriculum
Even though 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust in the end they were able to benefit from that tragedy with the new nation of Israel. Do you think a Jews person would find that offense in anyway shape or form?

Anyways ponder that last question this was fun all respect given Moose, I'm out.

Please stop calling me "MAGA", or I'm going to ignore you. That's not me. You keep wielding that as a weapon to disagree with me, when I'm immune to those effects. You're either ignoring what I'm telling you about myself or you're being disingenuous. Either way, it's a poor response. How about you start responding to content vs. labels? I've done my best to treat you the same.

People are free to have opinions, my point was people across ethnicities have opinions (including one that helped write what you took issue with). I think the entire "issue" was created to hurt DeSantis, when he played non part in authoring the curriculum.

If there is an issue with it...take it up w/ those that wrote it.
He will put words in your mouth and label you quickly. Then the race baiting begins. That is his defense mechanism when he loses an argument and looks pathetic. It is Sho’s playbook. He is the closest I have ever come to ignoring on this board. That is what he brings. At one time, I actually valued his opinion on certain topics. He is easily the farthest left on the board. Which is why Joe’s past doesn’t bother him one bit. I think it is incredibly ironic that he helped to get joe elected.

Do you know it wasn’t the truth. Were you there you don’t know what happened back then. All you do is accuse whites today of what happened over 100 years ago. You need to quit living in the past and start supporting our country.

Reactions: blackpug6
Even though 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust in the end they were able to benefit from that tragedy with the new nation of Israel. Do you think a Jews person would find that offense in anyway shape or form?

I think you're putting a whole lot of importance, on apparently what was reported to be a single sentence. I have no idea. Media doesn't always provide the full context.

No, I do not believe slavery can be spun as a net "positive", even if some skill is developed by those who are enslaved. That's the narrative, I think. But, is that the actual implication from the text in question?

I'm not sure, I haven't read it in context (outside of media reports). It may be really bad. It may be really badly worded. Who knows? My issue is that it's become about DeSantis (who didn't write it) vs. a debate with the authors, one of whom is a respected, AA historian.

My gut tells me this is a media-induced firestorm. If not, all those in charge of authoring an incorrect text should be held accountable.

I always try to be consistent, regardless of political affiliation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT