ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley announces…..

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
she’s running for Prez in ‘24. Thinks she will be a strong candidate, BWTFDIK.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders next, or has she already announced??

Last edited:

I think Sanders will run at somepoint but probably in 4 or 8 years. There will be 6-8 solid republican candidates running in 2024 primaries , I hope one not named Trump distinguishes his or her name from the pack.

I think Sanders will run at somepoint but probably in 4 or 8 years. There will be 6-8 solid republican candidates running in 2024 primaries , I hope one not named Trump distinguishes his or her name from the pack.
I hope so too, but the more candidates that join the field, the more likely Trump will win the nomination.

Presidential Poll conducted Feb. 6-13 (Reuters/IPSOS):
Trump 43%
DeSantis 31%
Pence 7%
Haley 4%
Pompeo 2%
Cheney 2%
Hogan 1%
Christie 1%
Sununu <1%
Youngkin <1%

Only Trump and Haley have declared they are running.

Last edited:
I hope so too, but the more candidates that join the field, the more likely Trump will win the nomination.
For many, it seems it is going to be very hard for candidates to position themselves as not Trump so long as Trump is an option.

For many, it seems it is going to be very hard for candidates to position themselves as not Trump so long as Trump is an option.
His policies, maybe so…….his personality, behavior and general makeup/behavior, I’d say there is NONE like him.

Presidential Poll conducted Feb. 6-13 (Reuters/IPSOS):
Trump 43%
DeSantis 31%
Pence 7%
Haley 4%
Pompeo 2%
Cheney 2%
Hogan 1%
Christie 1%
Sununu <1%
Youngkin <1%

Only Trump and Haley have declared they are running.
The two poling less than 1% could most likely beat Biden head to head. I think DeSantis can as well, not sure if any of the rest could. Just my take.

Sanders just got sworn in as Governor of Arkansas a month ago. Too early to talk about running for something else.

Democrats are going to label all Republicans as Trumpers no matter what is said or done. Wasn't going to matter if Trump ran or not.
well, we will see if they can win the nomination without Trumping, won't we?

There are plenty of people who would respond to a sane Republican with an actual platform

Reactions: Chopdawg75
The two poling less than 1% could most likely beat Biden head to head. I think DeSantis can as well, not sure if any of the rest could. Just my take.
Sununu is a perfect example of a Republican that would have crossover appeal (as is Hogan). Youngkin not so much - he is done in VA after one term.

Reactions: shonuff253
well, we will see if they can win the nomination without Trumping, won't we?

There are plenty of people who would respond to a sane Republican with an actual platform
No doubt.

The swing vote is always in play and there are plenty of Democrats and Republicans who would love an alternative who isn't Trump.

That's precisely why the DNC will vilify such a person as a Trumper by virtue of being a Republican.

Sununu is a perfect example of a Republican that would have crossover appeal (as is Hogan). Youngkin not so much - he is done in VA after one term.
Youngkin has a slightly above 50% approval rating in Virginia; Biden around 36% in Virginia. Too early to tell either way about his electability or re-electability but if nominated he would start ahead in a democratic state which is significant. Hogan has done a solid job but spends too much time on liberal networks smirking at other republicans to get the nomination. I like all 3 of them better than most of the other potential candidates

Reactions: nice marmot
No doubt.

The swing vote is always in play and there are plenty of Democrats and Republicans who would love an alternative who isn't Trump.

That's precisely why the DNC will vilify such a person as a Trumper by virtue of being a Republican.
I am not going to defend the DNC

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
Nikki isn’t very likable and will drop out when she cannot get any traction with voters. She is a RINO uniparty gal.

Love this comment by MTG “If we wanted a “Bush in heels,”Republicans would vote for Liz Cheney.”

• Haha
Reactions: mitchelldawg
Nikki isn’t very likable and will drop out when she cannot get any traction with voters. She is a RINO uniparty gal.

Love this comment by MTG “If we wanted a “Bush in heels,”Republicans would vote for Liz Cheney.”

if you are using her as your barometer, you do not care about supporting a sustainable Republican party.

I think many (not all) Republicans want all or nothing and eat their own.

We don't have to worry about the Democrats destroying candidates. Republicans will do it.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
I think many (not all) Republicans want all or nothing and eat their own.

We don't have to worry about the Democrats destroying candidates. Republicans will do it.
Honestly, what is a Republican any more? Trump certainly wasn't one.

Most of my life the Republicans in DC are there to offer up "resistance" against the democrats that is only a facade for the camera, with all the backbone of tissue paper. The party today is a disaster and look no further than having Romney's daughter running the RNC.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Honestly, what is a Republican any more? Trump certainly wasn't one.

Most of my life the Republicans in DC are there to offer up "resistance" against the democrats that is only a facade for the camera, with all the backbone of tissue paper. The party today is a disaster and look no further than having Romney's daughter running the RNC.
It is a fair question.

30 years ago I would've said that it's someone who is fiscally responsible, and for whom that responsibility is foremost among his honest concerns.

pretty soon thereafter, a much more nativist, reactionary rightest agenda took hold and then Bush et al started pursuing wars of choice, and then fiscal responsibility went out the door...

so I really don't know either. I don't think anyone does. and right now it's a cult of personalities, which is not good for anyone.

there's a difference between "destroying" a candidate and someone not being a very good one.
tulsi and sanders were treated pretty bad however no point in Greene or Trump jumping at the throats of these candidates as they jump in race. She has some weaknesses no doubt , let it come out in the debates. Greene and Trump are showing a lack of character by these type attacks and it will show in the primaries with some of the voters (like myself).

I think Desantis has done a pretty good job of just that. If everyone else dropped out and it was just Desantis vs Trump, I think Desantis wins. However, anyone else that enters the field is going to almost exclusively take votes away from the field and not from Trump, and make Desantis' path a lot more challenging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT