ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Dawg: Chili Cook Off

emorydawg3

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2022
Hey guys,

Non Dawg post here, but trying to do some good, and I know we have some great members here so figured it wouldn't hurt to post. If it needs to be moved/deleted feel free to do so or let me know.

I graduated from UGA in 2017, and I am now a student at Emory University in their Anesthesiology Program. Me and one of my classmates are working together to organize a chili cook off for an amazing nonprofit organization called Lifebox as we compete with South University's Anesthesiology Program down in Savannah to raise money. Details are below.

On Saturday, March 18th, 2023, from 2pm-6pm, the Emory University Anesthesiologist Assistant Program will host our first annual Chili Cook Off! Teams will compete to win the 1st place for the best tasting chili! Activities will include chili tasting, beer drinking, and a raffle at Scofflaw Brewing Company (1738 MacArthur Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318). All proceeds will benefit Lifebox Foundation.

Lifebox is a global nonprofit that saves lives through safer surgery and anesthesia. Through tools, training, and partnerships, Lifebox addresses the critical gaps in surgical systems to make surgery and anesthesia safer worldwide. Lifebox’s work focuses on three core areas: anesthesia safety, surgical teamwork, and reducing surgical infection. Since 2011, Lifebox has worked in 116 countries, trained 12,000 healthcare providers, distributed 33,000 pulse oximeters, and made 181 million surgeries safer.

I hate asking for money, but I am putting this out there in case anyone feels compelled to help. We are still needing teams to compete, raffle prize donations, etc. If you would like to compete, sponsor/pay for a team to compete, donate raffle prizes, etc., please message me and we can figure something out. I am linking the Lifebox website as well as our personal donation website below. All donations are tax-deductible.

TLDR: chili cook off at a brewery in ATL to raise money for an amazing nonprofit organization. Message me if you have questions. Thank you all! Go Dawgs!

https://www.lifebox.org/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News