ADVERTISEMENT

Not going to panic

ugafan618

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2008
ugafan618.tumblr.com
Might be beating a dead horse here, but after digesting the game for a couple of days, I have a few thoughts.
  • Kentucky absolutely played a physical game, as is often the case in the SEC (NOT pounding the SEC chest with this, it's just a fact)
  • That being said, I don't want to discount how poorly Georgia played by saying, "give Kentucky credit." I'm not slandering Kentucky, but that shouldn't have been a close game. For most of that game, Georgia was clearly not mentally in it.
  • Because they weren't mentally in it, fundamentals broke down in many areas: blocking, tackling, maintaining pursuit integrity, QB properly going through progressions
  • The good news is this is ALL fixable. It absolutely isn't a talent issue, despite what some might suggest
  • Always better to come out on top in games like this. The issues that plagued the game would have been the same with a loss, might as well win
  • I still believe Georgia has one of the best rosters in the country with the best coaching staff and can be a national champion

Go Dawgs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.