ADVERTISEMENT

Not much to say…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
Maybe more tomorrow. This one is going to burn for awhile. We had our chances and just couldn’t get the hit we needed.

I still can’t believe that CF caught Slate Alford’s ball. I think that was in the 7th. Then we are down 6-4 in the top of the 8th, no outs and bases empty. We don’t make a play at 3b and then next guy hits a moon shot, and it’s 8-4. That’s 3 runs that don’t show up for us and 2 that shouldn’t have shown up for them.

You have to tip your cap too. They made a lot of defensive plays tonight. It felt like we shifted more tonight than we have all season, but I could be wrong on that. In any case, it seemed to burn us more that it benefited us.

And I thought we stuck with Harris too long and Kolten Smith too long. We were playing with fire once Harris went through their order a second time. He just didn’t miss a lot of bats. There was one point when he’d gotten 9 outs and had allowed 8 hits. And I’m surprised that neither Josh Roberge nor Christian Mracna threw this series at all. I am wondering if Roberge was hurt… I don’t think he ever went down to the bullpen.

Not to be too negative. It’s just disappointing. I had a bad feeling all day that I kept trying to ignore.

This was a hell of a ride. I haven’t enjoyed a season this much since 2011… And I think Wes gets an A+. We were one win away from Omaha with some very obvious limitations. That guy got all the juice out of the orange. It is easy for me to say that left so and so out there too long or whatever, but top to bottom this was an incredible job he did.

It’ll take a while to get over this, I know. I’m very optimistic about the future. But tough to deal with the present

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News