ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note ***Note on 2025 RB Prospect

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
Thought I would start my first official full day with some news on Class of 2025 running back Justin Baker of Buford High School.

I spoke with a source around the Buford program who thinks highly of Baker.

"[He's] a great kid,” the source said. “Not a burner but I would compare him to the kid at [UGA] from Colquitt Co. [Daijun Edwards]."

The source went on to add that Baker is "probably faster than Edwards."

The 6-foot, 200-pound running back already has offers from Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, and others. UGA lists Edwards at 5-foot-10 and 201 pounds, so Baker already has a similar build as a junior in high school. He earned his offer from Dawgs back in May after attending UGA's scavenger hunt weekend.

“I really felt the love and they’ve made it clear I’m a priority," Baker said after that weekend.

At the time, Jed also reported that Baker had taken a prior visit to Georgia in May.

It helps that top quarterback prospect Dylan Raiola is handing him off the ball.

@Jed May went to go see Baker play last week. Per Jed's tweets, he had a nice 75-yard run in the scrimmage against Jones County. He also had some nice shorter runs, too. I am told he's set to be Buford's feature back now that Justice Haynes is at Alabama. The source noted that besides being a hard worker, Baker will receive some real exposure this season in the limelight.

Baker told Jed that he likes the family aspect of UGA, which already has a commitment from four-star running back Jabree Wallace-Coleman out of a private school in Philadelphia. But the Dawgs could take two as they try to reload their backfield for the future.

We hope to have an updated story on him later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News