ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Notes on a couple of players

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
As you have seen, Dash has a series looking ahead to each of Georgia's opponents for the 2023 season.
It's not exactly a murderer's row.
That's not Georgia's fault. The Bulldogs were told to drop the game with Oklahoma. And it's not Kirby's fault the other teams couldn't recruit at a bachelorette party.
So UGA has a very easy start to the season, unlike years past when they faced Clemson and Oregon in Week One.

That is why I am pretty sure we won't be seeing running back Branson Robinson or linebacker Smael Mondon in those games. I have been asking around. Neither will be needed in the opening weeks. I doubt either could play even if Georgia was facing a tougher opponent. Robinson's foot injury was pretty bad. Mondon had surgery a while back (left foot?) but his convalescence/rehab could take him into fall camp. So by the time he is cleared to play (resume practice full speed) it could be a couple of games into the season.

As we saw with Salyer, if you have a good backup like Broderick Jones, Smart will play the backup and not force the starter to go at 70% health.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.