ADVERTISEMENT

November has brought us a treasure trove of Bama tears..

DVD-Dawg

Jedi Master
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2005
Fellow Dawgs, we have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Family. Friends. Freedom. The undisputed number one team in all the land. And some Bama tears to go along side our cranberry sauce:

___
  1. The really annoying part of all this is all Kirby has done at Georgia really, is just bring in people that worked under Saban to implement Saban's scheme. Mel Tucker, Dan Lanning, Will Muschamp. And every single one of them has done demonstrably better than Golding!

2. I know that many here don’t want to hear it, but I would be shocked if Kirby and Dabo weren’t offered after Saban retires. Both NC winning coaches, both with Bama history, both with a record of continued success. Lane has proven he is a good coach. But is he elite? Why make that gamble when you have a first shot at other options?
    1. Kirby would laugh in our faces if we even called him. That’s not happening.

3. There is only one reason Georgia winning a second title in a row could in any sense be considered positive...and this is a reach...but it would definitely give more fuel to Bama and CNS to reverse this development. It would also place Georgia and Bowl Cut as the current premier Team/HC in college football (CNS would still be considered the GOAT). I'd hate to see this development and I'm certainly not rooting for it BUT based on what I saw last Saturday in Athens (and how Oh. St. played against a 1 win Northwestern team) we'd better get prepared for this reality.

4. But we're now to the point that if UGA wins, we have bigger problems than if they lose, not the least of which is going to be the analyst's historical revisionism that says "Saban won more titles with Kirby and stopped winning so much after he left", implying Bowl Cut was the instrumental cause in Saban's wins. It will become the Parcells-Belichick argument even though it's ludicrous since Saban won two titles without Kirby and came within one play of a third.

5. I haven’t watched OSU at all this season, just Georgia. OSU better be real physical or else able to throw over the top on them (big plays.) Finesse football is not going to work. Georgia is playing with a lot of confidence right now. The players believe what they are doing will work. Something Alabama is missing.

6. I'm okay with an SEC national champion as long as it's not Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, Missouri, or Kentucky.

7. I coached football for 36 years. The biggest difference between us and Georgia is simple. Kirby understands that to be really good you have to be able to bloody somebody's nose.
    We sold out to a finesse style of game. Finesse works only when you game breakers on offense, which we don't have this year.. Teams feared us because they knew we would physically
    beat them up. That doesn't happen anymore.

8. UGA is more disciplined, plays harder, and executes better. Alabama gives up at least one free TD every game.

9. Attitude...UGA wont let you score a TD inside the 20 and especially inside the 10....we havent stopped anyone inside the 10 it seems when we need to....and after a TO...they definitely come out with an attitude to stop their opponents....on offense they score almost every red zone trip and TD's on short yardage...we struggle to get the ball in from1st and goal..and end up with FG's....attitude again...

10. I dont see what Saban sees in Golding
    1. Nick created Kirby. Maybe he thinks he is doing it again. Tough call.

11. A friend of mine, UGA fan, said he thought Kirby would leave and come back to Bama if offered. That's the only way he could say he is CNS's equal. Winning titles at 2 different schools.
    1. I guess most anything can happen in this crazy world, but I don`t see it. UGA was his dream job, plus he`s the head coach of what is currently the best program in the SEC and in all probability the nation ( yes, I think UGA has supplanted us, JMHO ).
    2. "Of course" UGA has supplanted Bama. Is there anyone who thinks otherwise?
    3. I just don't see it. He loves GA and is thriving there. He wants to make GA into Alabama and thinks that he can. And, when Saban retires, he just might.
      1. Agreed. I doubt Kirby would be on any list to replace CNS once the GOAT decides to step down. He is at home, and I believe he will be there for the rest of his career. I'm not crazy about him but I'm starting to think it will be Lane Kiffin that will replace CNS.
      2. Agree. He`s rapidly moving UGA to the status of the team if/ when you are able to beat them, you storm the field. Living in Georgia I hate it, but facts is facts.
      3. You could tell UGA was ready and prepared...at times we still look confused and not ready. Kirby also said after the game that he's taken zero transfers, made it a point to emphasize that the kids play for the program and the school...maybe he was sending a message...because we have key players in some areas that are not "program" players...we dont seem to play with the edge we used to on either side of the ball.
        1. UGA plays angry. We do not.
        2. Yep. I’m starting to agree. I think bringing in players through the portal is a morale killer. The portal and NIL are killing college football.
    4. I disagree. If he goes on a tear at his alma mater he’ll be at that level.
    5. I’m really surprised they haven’t made a run at Kirby like Texas did at Nick. $16-18mm a year or something crazy
      1. Kirby wouldn't give them the time of day.
      2. Kirby is not leaving UGA. He'd have to lose a lot for that to happen.

12. Georgia is beginning to look like the Bama we're used to seeing. We're beginning to look like a Mark Richt coached team.
    1. Ain't no "beginning to", we are fully involved.
    2. This whole thread is disgusting. Most of y’all should just become Georgia fans already. As I posted in another thread, would we still have this conversation if Metchie and Williams were healthy and Alabama beats Georgia for the title last year? DIFFERENT PHILOSOPHIES, DIFFERENT TEAMS, DIFFERENT COACHES. EVERYONE was on board when we were beating everyone’s brains in with this style.

13. Kirby just curb stomped TN running this defense. It isn't the defense that is the problem.
    1. The scheme still works if called correctly. Football hasn't changed that much. I agree Kirby showed the way, unfortunately. I can't stand that bowl cut having joker.
    2. Georgia is running a defense based on Saban's scheme. They held Tennessee to 13 today. They've had the #1 scoring defense twice since Golding arrived, while Golding hasn't had a top 10 scoring defense once at Alabama (the 5 worst Alabama defenses since 2008).
    3. Watching Georgia today play like Alabama used to and now we are playing like Georgia used to before Kirby. It’s been gradual downhill slide since Kirby has been gone for our D.
    4. Just a foot note Kirby's defense is what our defense should look like.
    5. Even Gary Danielson has rightfully ragged on Saban for running an overly complicated defense. Kirby lets his defense line up and beat the guy across from them. Bama doesn’t do that and that’s why they gave up 52 to Ut and UGA has only given up 6 through 3 quarters.
___

Homemade-Cranberry-Sauce-Small-Batch-photo-8057.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News