ADVERTISEMENT

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' Enola Gay flew over Hiroshima, 8/6/45

wayxpython

Diehard supporter
Oct 20, 2011
Willacoochee, GA
saved a lot of American lives.
i_am_become_death.jpg

5d441d6a100a241b8b0e23e7

"During World War II, 1,506,000 Purple Heart medals were manufactured, many in anticipation of the estimated casualties resulting from the planned Allied invasion of Japan. By the end of the war, even accounting for medals lost, stolen or wasted, nearly 500,000 remained."

If you had been a nuclear physicist living in Europe in the late 1930's/early 1940's, what demands would you have made on Uncle Sam in exchange for his overtures to come make bombs for him instead of the dude with the little mustache?

Unrelated - how crazy to the embedded stud videos on this website make you? I ****ing hate them.

i_am_become_death.jpg

5d441d6a100a241b8b0e23e7

"During World War II, 1,506,000 Purple Heart medals were manufactured, many in anticipation of the estimated casualties resulting from the planned Allied invasion of Japan. By the end of the war, even accounting for medals lost, stolen or wasted, nearly 500,000 remained."
Why did such a bright guy use such poor grammar? Related to Willie, perhaps?

Reactions: redclayhound
i_am_become_death.jpg

5d441d6a100a241b8b0e23e7

The death toll on both sides and scale of destruction would have been unthinkable if U.S. had invaded Japan. The Japanese would have fought till a high percentage of all men, women, children died for the emperor. The bombs were horrid but nothing compared to an invasion / forceful occupation. They were the only solution at a specific point in history and hope there're never used again.

The death toll on both sides and scale of destruction would have been unthinkable if U.S. had invaded Japan. The Japanese would have fought till a high percentage of all men, women, children died for the emperor. The bombs were horrid but nothing compared to an invasion / forceful occupation. They were the only solution at a specific point in history and hope there're never used again.
Stalin's army was headed toward Japan too.

Reactions: redclayhound
Stalin's army was headed toward Japan too.
Would've been interesting but the Rooskies didn't have the army or navy in the Pacific the U.S. did. Plus Stalin wanted to consolidate his hold on Eastern Europe. No way he'd have risked that prize over a few islands. The U.S. was gonna invade not long after Okinawa fell as neither McArthur nor Nimitz were gonna wait for troops from Europe. Glad it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: wstugamd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT