ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from DKR

Tdesper

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2018
GA
The B1 flyover was really cool; the more flyovers the better (but did anyone else find it strange/anticlimactic that they circled the stadium in plain sight for 30 mins before the game?)

The drone show at the beginning of the 4th was awesome; I can’t wait to see what we and other schools do that technology moving forward.

The stadium is big, but I wouldn’t say it was particularly loud or intimidating. I have seen more rowdy environments at a lot of other SEC schools (Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU easily come to mind).

I was happy to see another top tier program flustered with their home team’s stadium game presentation. The fans near us echoed complaints about hokey local commercials and awful, outdated song selections (I never imagined I would get to hear Twisted Sister this Saturday, it reminded me of home sweet Sanford). If it makes anyone feel better, they did a singalong to Dancing Queen late in the 4th quarter. And the Emo Bevo graphic they did… who thought that was a good idea?

Most importantly, the dawgs traveled well (saw road dawgs putting in work everywhere we went in San Antonio and Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.