ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St comparisons to Georgia

Stevesgourmet

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2017
-Ohio St is 2-1 against ranked teams to Georgias 5-0.

-Ohio Sts average score against ranked opponents 37-29. Georgias is 44-14.

-Ohio St has beaten only 5 teams with a winning record to Georgias 8.

-When Ohio St plays a top 50 offense (3 games) they allow on average 35 PPG and 471 YPG. I’m being generous and including Maryland for them even though they’re ranked 60th in scoring offense and 51st in total offense. If I remove Maryland these numbers are slightly worse. Georgia is allowing 19 PPG and 360 YPG against 5 teams in the top 50.

-All 3 of Penn St, Maryland, and Michigan scored 30+ and 400+ yards. These were competitive games from start to finish. Only LSU had 400+ yards and 30+ on Georgia and the game was over at halftime.

-Ohio St played 4-5 truly competitive 4 quarter games this season. Notre Dame, Penn St, Northwestern, Maryland, and Michigan. Georgia played 1-2 against Missouri and Kentucky. It’s hard to count Kentucky because the game was in total control the entire time, but we fell asleep and let them come back late. Northwestern was in a legitimate slugfest with Ohio St and didn’t get buried until deep into the 4th quarter. If I’m being generous we can call both a wash because of the weather, but their game was much closer than ours imo.

-Ohio Sts best two defensive performances came against Iowa and Rutgers. Iowa is 130/131 in total offense and 122/130 in scoring offense. Rutgers is 121/130 in total offense and 124/130 in scoring offense. Georgias came against Tennessee and Oregon. Tennessee has the #1 total and scoring offense. Oregon has the #9 scoring offense and #4 total offense.

-In all of their 5 blowout wins against P5 competition including Iowa, Indiana, Rutgers, Michigan St, and Wisconsin none of them crack the top 90 in total offense or scoring offense. Only Iowa has a winning record here. Ridiculously challenged offensive teams. Their offense only looks sexy when they play teams with a punting fetish and they get 500 possessions. In comparison Georgia has 10 blowout wins against P5 competition and 5 are currently ranked.

What I’ve learned after all this is Ohio St bullies the weak and gets by against the competent teams. Not once this year did they have a WOW game against a good opponent. Now people expect them to finally have that game against the best defense in America and the best offense they’ve played all year by a wide margin? It’s also in Georgia’s backyard….. GTFOH.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News