ADVERTISEMENT

On Bobo

HHolland92

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
- Kirby is not Richt, if it’s not working then Bobo will be gone whether they are friends or not and Mike knows that. With that said, I’d be very surprised if it didn’t work.

- Bobo has spent the last 13 months under Monken and the same system will be ran under Bobo.. as in, it’s still Monken’s playbook and verbiage.

- Monken’s system is what Kirby wants… Mike is game for adapting to that (he typically adjusts to his talent very well - he’s not hard headed about it being his way or the highway). Much like Saban did with Kiffin, he found what HE wanted and kept the playbook and his OCs ran the offense that NS wanted. I mean Sark when from looking like Fido’s ass his last few years running offense, to spending time as an analyst (like Bobo), to running an ELITE offense and parlaying that to a damn HC gig at Texas. With that said, think Saban is changing that offense a bit this coming season… less fun and gun there… I digress.

- Monken is better at pass game concepts, whereas I think Bobo is better at run game concepts. The passing game and scheming guys open were amazing under Monken… he was a wizard with that. I think Bobo can take those same concepts and get similar results (albeit maybe not THAT crazy good - I think Monken was the best in the country at that last season imo), but Bobo’s bag is bringing that elite run game to the table too… so it will be a mix.

- QB battle will be WIDE open now… keep in mind, Gunner has been Bobo’s guy for a LONG time… Bobo has been close with that family… Gunner has always wanted to play for him. Just something to keep in mind. I still give Beck the leg up tho.

- this does nothing but help in recruiting… in a world where instability is more than ever at coordinators both offense and defense, this gives stability that it takes to land a top flight QB when you are competing with the Lincoln Riley’s of the world. Plus Monken hated recruiting, Bobo will hit the trail hard.

- I’m not here to spin it like losing Monken is a good thing… it’s NOT. Dude came in and changed the UGA offense and now Bobo is the beneficiary of that newfound trajectory that hit UGA hard in recruiting… now kids want to play offense at Georgia and that’s thanks to Monken. And I think Monken is a better in-game playcaller than Bobo. I would put Monken against pretty much anybody with that.

- Remember when Bobo left for Colorado St? The offense went from 41 ppg (with Hutson Mason🤢) to pretty much dog shit.

- This is who Monken recommended for the job. Straight up told Kirby he can do everything in this offense that Kirby will want. Monken is very high on Bobo after spending a year together…

- Guys I’m just here to tell you if you don’t know, the defense that UGA is going to put on the field in 2023 is going to be HELL on wheels… I’m talking similar to the 2021 level elite. That’s something Mike Bobo has NEVER had.

- I think it’ll work out and actually be a long term solution. If it doesn’t, then he will be gone, but I wouldn’t stress too much about this.. UGA was never going to keep Monken forever, he was invaluable in Kirby’s development as a HC in figuring out what kind of offense to run that benefits both sides of the ball. I was skeptical when Kirby brought back Searels and I’ll be damned if he didn’t field the best OL in the country last year. The truth is, the culture at UGA isn’t the same as it was in the 2010’s and it’s not the same ANYWHERE else in the country for that matter. Dawgs will continue to roll…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News