ADVERTISEMENT

On Jalon Walker…

Shephard10

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Louisville, KY
I’ve watched enough UGA/Bama breakdowns this week to make your head spin, and a couple of things I’ve not heard mentioned one single time:

1. Jalon Walker. And part of me loves that. Let him fly under the radar until the band is playing, and come Sunday, the world will be talking about him - win or lose.

2. Our ILB corps as a whole have had zero mention. When your X-factor is a running QB, and you consider the fact that our linebackers are bats out of hell, that has to be an equalizer.

Extra credit thoughts:
1. I think our secondary is going to wake a lot of folks up. Yes, Bama may hit some long throws, but Kirby’s defenses have ALWAYS done such a good job of tackling those plays immediately and eliminating the YAC. That gives us a chance to tighten up as the field condenses.

1B. Bolden will earn his money. I don’t know how, but I have a good feeling.

2. I’ve been thinking over the past day or so about baiting Milroe into some throws that he thinks are open, to stop him from leaving the pocket. Wondering if playing some chess on the back end would help with that.

The big issue with Milroe is his ability to take a covered play, and turn it into a 20-yard gain with his legs. But, what if we worked in a few bait coverages on third downs where, hey he might complete it and maybe tackle them before the sticks, but it will keep him from completely cutting bait and running.

Could get us killed, could work. I’m no DC. Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.