ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg On the record

mjohns2078

Trash Panda
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2021
Rocket City
Tennessee is playing North Carolina State tomorrow in Charlotte (the scene of the crime where we broke DJU and the entire Clemson program 3 years ago).

The Vol fans I know (I would otherwise call them my friends) have been high on this Nico kid for 2 years. So far, I haven't seen anything impressive in his 2 starts (Iowa and UTC). I guess he got some mop up duty when the Voles were hanging style points on UTSA or UConn last year, but that hardly counts. NC State had a couple wins last year against decent teams (Miami & UNC). They historically play the underdog role pretty well.

I think the spread is up to 10.5 points from like 7.5 earlier this week. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain the money vs action n this game. In my recollection, with a few exceptions, Tenn doesn't tend to win games close. They either win big or get beat. Since 2021, they have only won 1 game when they scored less than 30 points. I don't care about stats, Tenn's defense is suspect until they show the ability to make stops when it matters, so the question is "can NC State hold TN under 30?" I think they can.

Also, some insiders have let me know they the Vols are wearing their Icy White pajamas for this game. Their defensive guys aren't going to want to get those clean uniforms dirty.

On the record, I'll take NC State to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.