ADVERTISEMENT

One aspect that I hate the most about NIL/portal is that CKS and staff…

bulldogjones

You call him Dr. Jones!
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
End up recruiting and doing player development for a bunch of other teams essentially and not just UGA. As we have seen with AD and other players, a school that is wise can wait and use NIL money to recruit developed players that produce with experience vs paying a bunch of money or even having to take a chance on recruiting a player that may or may not work out straight out of HS.

A coaching staff from another school essentially could just let CKS and co spend the time and money to find, recruit and develop players and then they can come in and reap the benefits of it.

I know there are always exceptions but the overall concept is there, and I’m guessing it will only increase unless some sort of action is taken. Think about it. If you’re a school that has always been middle tier in your conference but has some big time donors, you could easily improve by employing some of that strategy.

I will say that CKS and co seem to be bringing in less “Diva” types while still bringing in top shelf talent. Just some thoughts. Am I wrong in all this?

Reactions: Boost Assendahm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News