ADVERTISEMENT

Open forum discussion: What changes would you like to make to game day in Sanford?

walesdawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Waleska, Ga
1). This isn’t just a Sanford thing, but for all games. I would have the Redcoats play Tara after the ball is snapped for the last time in each victory. Think about it…..opposing fans in their own stadium, upset after a defeat, walking up the aisle hearing Tara played with the last 20 seconds or so dripping off the clock. I love it. I’ve suggested it for over a decade.

2). It’s time to finally let go of Baba O’Reilly. I never cared for it, I don’t know why it was selected, it was a poor choice. It’s been used for so long that I began to gradually accept it and even associate it with the Bulldogs. So, I kinda like it now. However, I’ve come full circle. It’s not awesome. It’s what a nerd thought was awesome a long time ago. I’m sure most of you like it, but it doesn’t do it for me. You’re telling me that there isn’t ANY better song to use? I’m not even saying pick a “Georgia” thing, just anything. I could randonly pick a ZZ Top or Led Zeppelin song that would be better. Hey, pick a new song by a new band from Athens. I would rather hear dueling banjos for us to come out to, but I know I’m in the minority

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.