ADVERTISEMENT

OT: George Lucas or George R.R. Martin?

Did not read the OP or thread but you couldn't pay me to watch any more new Star Wars shows/movies. They're just awful. The old stuff wasn't that great & only held up because of nostalgia but the new stuff is f-ing garbage.
Nobody wants to watch shows or movies while being beat over the head by some dumbass agenda.
From what I've read, the acolyte is the shittiest thing ever made, just as I thought it would be.

Just my 2 cents.
It's all good man, to each their own. But, as many others have said on this thread, Andor is the best of the shows. There's some real dark stuff going on there.

I think SW is at its best when it is twisted, which is rare. There is an actual episode of the Mandalorian when two frog-like creatures are trying to bring their children to a place where they can be safe. Their children are in eggs, floating around in this fluid. They represent the last of this race of beings. During the episode, Baby Yoda proceeds to eat the eggs, in effect casually committing genocide. If that is not twisted, I don't know what is.

Reactions: DonutDawg
It's all good man, to each their own. But, as many others have said on this thread, Andor is the best of the shows. There's some real dark stuff going on there.

I think SW is at its best when it is twisted, which is rare. There is an actual episode of the Mandalorian when two frog-like creatures are trying to bring their children to a place where they can be safe. Their children are in eggs, floating around in this fluid. They represent the last of this race of beings. During the episode, Baby Yoda proceeds to eat the eggs, in effect casually committing genocide. If that is not twisted, I don't know what is.
OK well, you got me on the Mandalorian. It was kinda good, at least the first season of two.

Reactions: rectomo
Mel Brooks Comedy GIF

There’s no such thing as new ideas…just different presenters.

James Fenimore Cooper put about every single plot device into the Last of the Mohicans/Natty Bumppo series. The car chase scene was done with canoes, naturally. When I read them, I instantly saw the direct connection to Mannic/cannon/magnum

I agree with the best SW movies are the darkest ones. Empire Strikes back…father/son evil thing. Revenge of the Sith…Anakin turning dark, killing kids, fighting his best friend and burning to a crisp. Rogue One…all the heroes die. Andor…see the good guys doing lots of bad things. Great movies….but maybe I’m just a sick bastard.

In my opinion Rogue One was the best of them all…but that last fight scenes btw Kenobi/Anakin in RotS is the best fight in the history of movies. Epic scenery, awesome physical performances…just slightly ruined at the end with the “I’ve got the high ground” thingie.

Reactions: rectomo
He's been pretty open about that being a huge influence on his work. Not sure what else you are wanting the man to say. But I can remember him bringing up Kurosawa in interviews all the way back in the early 80s.
With a dash of Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Obviously two of the best fantasy creators of all time who ironically share the sameOne being more of a film maker and one more of a writer who has transformed into a film maker as of late. Regardless, they are two of the greatest world builders of all time and they’ve each in their own, very differing way, created arguably two of the best fantasy worlds in both cinematic or novelistic history. I watched the new “House of the Dragon” episode earlier today and then tonight I finally got a chance to watch some of the new Star Wars series “The Acolyte” and after watching both back to back it had me pondering the following question: of these two great fiction creators which George’s work would you be more proud to call your own?

PS: and please let’s not get into the Disney debate and how they bamboozled Lucas and changed a lot of his wishes and desires in the Star Wars Multiverse because we all know that Lucas is the man, myth, & legend behind all of Star Wars.
I don't have time to read all the replies so sorry if alreadymentioned, but if you want world building, it J.R.R Tolkien. Middle Earth is better and more in depth than either Westeros or A Galaxy Far Far Away.

I love all 3 though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT