ADVERTISEMENT

Per DraftKings, the favorite to be picked at #8 (Falcons) is...

nycuga

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2003
Marietta, GA
Bijan Robinson at +200.

Nolan Smith is second at +250

I'm seeing more smoke of this being a possibility in recent mocks about Bijan. These are just a few but a lot more mocks are putting Bijan to the Falcons.

Per Peter King's Mock

8. ATLANTA: Bijan Robinson, running back, Texas.

This is too high to pick Robinson, of course. I do know the Falcons really want to trade down, and I do know they like Robinson (who doesn’t?) because he’s the best running back in the draft and has the rare ability to segue into receiver mode with great hands and strong slot capabilities. Of course they’d want to trade down, because taking Robinson at eight would be leaving draft capital on the table. But if they take Robinson, here or lower, imagine the investment in young offensive weapons if this comes true. Round one, fourth pick, 2021: tight end Kyle Pitts Round one, eighth pick, 2022: wide receiver Drake London Round one, eighth pick, 2023: running back/slot receiver Bijan Robinson. Add 1,000-yard rookie running back Tyler Allgeier from the fifth round in 2022, tight end Jonnu Smith in free agency this year, and maybe one more profitable year from runner/receiver/returner Cordarrelle Patterson and tell me—would there be a team in the NFC South that’s better in in-prime offensive weaponry than Atlanta?

From McShay

i

8. Atlanta Falcons

This might be the most likely cornerback selection in the top 10, as long as both Witherspoon and Gonzalez aren't already off the board. Landing one of those two to play opposite A.J. Terrell gives this defense an extremely talented duo on the outside.

If neither are there, though, I gather the Falcons could explore a trade back. You also might have heard some rumblings about Texas running back Bijan Robinson here, and he could be the pick if the corners aren't available.

NFL.com draft analys Chad Reuter

Pick 8 Atlanta Falcons

Bijan Robinson
Texas · RB · Junior
General manager Terry Fontenot continues to draft offensive playmakers in the top 10, adding a star running back to complement tight end Kyle Pitts (No. 4 overall in 2021) and wide receiver Drake London (No. 8 overall in 2022).

CBS Sports Chris Trapasso

Round 1 - Pick 8

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/players/3168163/bijan-robinson/
Bijan Robinson RB
TEXAS • JR • 5'11" / 215 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM​

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK​

5th

POSITION RNK​

1st

There's been a "Robinson's going in the top 10" narrative for a while now, so that's where he lands in this mock -- to a team in the Falcons that adores running the football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News