ADVERTISEMENT

Personal Update -

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
UGASports Vent and Vault Family,

I’m stepping away from covering Georgia and college football recruiting on a daily basis. I want to thank all of you for welcoming me into this community back in June of 2021. It’s been an amazing ride! Two national championship seasons and a wild start of the NIL era. So much has happened that we have talked about here every single day.

I am not going to another company. No On3 or 247 or anything like that for me. I simply cannot keep up with the world of recruiting and, or invest the time and effort needed to build relationships with recruits, those around them, and sources at Georgia in order to bring all of you the information you deserve. I have a soon-to-be 8-year-old son, a soon-to-be 6-year-old son, and an 8-month-old. All boys and they are starting to get into sports. I’m coaching my son’s North Hall Junior Trojan football team this fall. I’m also a deacon and small group leader at my church and am in charge of starting a new division at my full-time job and family business. Oh, and my family’s farm is now selling grass-fed & dry-aged beef (hit me up on Instagram if you want some).

The nature of recruiting and constantly having to be prepared for the expected and the unexpected and gather accurate information before the information publicly materialized just isn’t conducive to this point in my life. You’ll still see me on the internet doing SEC coverage with Southeastern 14, but it will strictly be something I do outside of my time that is dedicated to my church, my family, and my main career. No more constant preparation, no more hour-plus long phone calls with sources, and no-more jumping when social media notifications of dozens of recruits go off. Everything done before 6am or after 9pm. Can’t cover recruiting that way. Not the way you guys deserve it covered.

I will continue the show with TK and Knowshon Georgia Players SECtion on UGASports YouTube channel on Wednesday nights. We talk all things SEC and have a lot of fun with other stuff as well, check it out if you haven’t.

I want to thank the UGASports team for embracing me and allowing me to be a part of such a great team. Undoubtedly the best in the business. Jed and Trent specifically have been two that I have talked to on a daily basis. If the UGASports Groupme messages were for sale, well, let’s just say you all would be throwing money out for them. Also, Coach Jim Donnan has served as a great mentor to me and has helped me learn and grow since before I was even at UGASports. I’m very grateful for his insight and advise along the way.

Lastly, but most importantly, I want to thank Radi. I stopped coaching high school football in 2018 and was looking for a way to stay involved in the game I loved so much after transitioning to the business world. I looked at the recruiting scene. Since October 2019, I have been grinding to cover Georgia football recruiting to the very best of my ability. I was at a couple of smaller publications and doing independent work, but Coach Donnan and Radi saw something in me and what I was doing. The invite was extended, and I didn’t think twice about it.

Being at UGASports allowed me to achieve the dream of covering Georgia football on the field. My first-ever season covering the Dawgs on the field was also the first time they won the national championship in my lifetime. As someone who grew up watching Georgia games with my father and grandfather and seeing many moments of anguish in their eyes as a result of the red and black falling short, to see Kelee Ringo catch that interception versus Alabama just feet in front of me and then scamper away from me and into immortality was an unbelievable moment.

It’s been an absolute pleasure to bring you recruiting coverage, and I’m proud of what has been accomplished during my time here. UGASports will continue to provide great coverage. It’s the standard.

God bless you all.

Go Dawgs,

Blayne

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News