ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Places to Eat in Chattanooga

kgable84

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2015
Taking the kids to Chattanooga for Winter Break. We are staying near the childrens museum? Any good places to eat?

Reactions: ScenicCityDawg
Stir is good by the Chattanooga Choo Choo.

Easy Bistro is good closer to the river by the Tivoli.

Reactions: vbs22542
Lots of dinner options, but nothing we’ve had stands out. For breakfast though, go across the river to Aretha Frankensteins. You won’t be disappointed. There’s also a Maple Street Biscuits there - which is solid. The gelato place Milk and Honey also just opened a location near the Children‘s Museum - it’s very good.

I ate at the Terminal Brewery when i was there last Friday night. Food was good and I liked to local brews. We had an after dinner drink and some hotel called the Kinley. That was enjoyable as well. I'm not sure that works for what you're doing but there are lots of kid friendly places all around.

Reactions: WNC Dawg
Lots of dinner options, but nothing we’ve had stands out. For breakfast though, go across the river to Aretha Frankensteins. You won’t be disappointed. There’s also a Maple Street Biscuits there - which is solid. The gelato place Milk and Honey also just opened a location near the Children‘s Museum - it’s very good.
Think Aretha’s closed. Maple Street and Bluegrass grill for breakfast. The terminal is a good lunch place. Public House is a good dinner spot. Tons of good food in the Noog.

Taking the kids to Chattanooga for Winter Break. We are staying near the childrens museum? Any good places to eat?

We got the eats up here, my man…

The Feed Company

HiFi Clydes

Tremont Tavern (best hamburger on Earth)

Bluegrass Grill (best breakfast on Earth…may have to wait in line a little, but worth it)

Alleia (Italian)

Primo (Italian, just north of the river, across from Tremont)

Food Works

Whitebird (in bottom of the Edwin Hotel)

Tony’s Pasta Shop (on the bluff looking over the river)

Yellow Deli (great sandwich shop run by The Twelve Tribes…closed Saturday)

Sidetrack (drive north on Barton Ave/Hixson Pike for about five minutes…worth it)

All these are within walking distance or a very short drive downtown.

Best wings and outdoor hang (with heaters) - Parkway Pourhouse, about everything on their menu is well done, and super casual, fun for kids and adults, best service
Best burger - Tremont Tavern - but don't take kids after 7
Fun lunch with ping pong and shuffleboard - Clydes
Best fun dinner with kids with good adult food/drink - State of Confusion
Games lunch with bowling alley and all else - Southside Social....don't take kids at night
Italian w kids - Il Primo
Best Pizza/Hang - Pizza Bros on Broad Street
Best "Mexican" hang - Taco Mamacita but not authentic
Authentic Mexican but not as perfect but could work for kids - Taqueria Jalisco
Breakfast - Long wait but Bluegrass Grill is best BUT
Best Brunch - Kenny's - open for breakfast and not as hard to get in, but delicious, and you can get brunch items at 8:30am-11am if you want....they close about 2 or 3, and have mimosas, craft beer and such for a fun start to the day

Have fun, and message me if you need more info

2nd on Aretha’s. Went a couple years ago. Interesting vibe for sure. Food utstanding!

Chatt-town native here.

good recs so far, especially for Feed and Tremont Tavern for lunch. A good “adult” spot for dinner is Bitter Alibi. The kids will definitely like Milk and Honey, great treats. While I’ll echo that Bluegrass is great breakfast, I think the best brunch in town is actually Flying Squirrel.

If you’re coming through Dalton, stop at Pablito’s Cantina and Grill on the way in. Just off the exit. Great food, great service, great margarita’s etc.

Reactions: foxdawg32
All the recommendations are good. The only two places I didn’t see listed are Opa! for traditional Greek/Mediterranean and Adelle’s Creperie for breakfast/brunch.

@getupkid4uga Has Urban Stack gone downhill? I don't see it listed on any of these recs. Will be there next week and always stop in there for a nice burger.

Stir is awesome for food (and drinks if you are a cocktail person). Typically a long wait tho so get there early

If you’re coming through Dalton, stop at Pablito’s Cantina and Grill on the way in. Just off the exit. Great food, great service, great margarita’s etc.
Was my lunch yesterday. Salsa is fantastic

Reactions: foxdawg32
Best wings and outdoor hang (with heaters) - Parkway Pourhouse, about everything on their menu is well done, and super casual, fun for kids and adults, best service
Best burger - Tremont Tavern - but don't take kids after 7
Fun lunch with ping pong and shuffleboard - Clydes
Best fun dinner with kids with good adult food/drink - State of Confusion
Games lunch with bowling alley and all else - Southside Social....don't take kids at night
Italian w kids - Il Primo
Best Pizza/Hang - Pizza Bros on Broad Street
Best "Mexican" hang - Taco Mamacita but not authentic
Authentic Mexican but not as perfect but could work for kids - Taqueria Jalisco
Breakfast - Long wait but Bluegrass Grill is best BUT
Best Brunch - Kenny's - open for breakfast and not as hard to get in, but delicious, and you can get brunch items at 8:30am-11am if you want....they close about 2 or 3, and have mimosas, craft beer and such for a fun start to the day

Have fun, and message me if you need more info
Good list. My daughter loves State of Confusion.

I’m still a Luipi’s Pizza guy. That’s easily walkable from the Discovery Museum also OP.

Drive up to Point Park while your there. Great view with some civil war history mixed in. Discovery Museum, Aquarium, IMAX, Zoo, etc makes it a great place for a couple of days with the kids. Slide over the bridge to Clumpies Ice Cream and enjoy Coolidge Park also.

Reactions: getupkid4uga
@getupkid4uga Has Urban Stack gone downhill? I don't see it listed on any of these recs. Will be there next week and always stop in there for a nice burger.
Urban Stack went way overboard on Covid protocols and really hurt their own business....turned it into what look like a hospital and almost made you feel guilty for going there....lost their best employees.....and other places have emerged and was more welcoming. Clyde's suffered from the same overreaction as did Market South, and I love those places and people, but I worry it cost them long term....they also own Milk and Honey and Taco Mamacita....and I would add that Milk and Honey is a kids GO TO breakfast/brunch, and would take them to their new expanded location.

Reactions: thejayman
Maple Street Biscuit for Breakfast, Tupelo Honey for Lunch/Brunch, Big River Grille for dinner

Was there in November and it was pretty good. Never had it before so I can't say if it's declined in quality but the burger was very good.
It’s still pretty good to me, but Tremont Tavern crushes it for a good burger.

I’m not sure if Urban Stack has fallen off or other things around it have just upped their game. Main Street Meats is another good burger option as well.

Chattanooga sucks

you-talking-to-me-what.gif

• Haha
Reactions: thejayman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT