ADVERTISEMENT

Playing Tennessee in mid-November...

Saxondawg

Moderator but one of the nice ones.
May 29, 2001
Chamblee GA
www.robsuggs.com
Just seems undawgly somehow. Traditional Games jump all over the schedule now.

But as our only real "big" game this season (IF it's still such once we get there) I think this scheduling is beneficial. Our roster is deep. Forget the running backs for a moment. I actually think we'll be fine there by the time we need to be; some of them at least will get healthy again, and we'll be creative with the offense.

Tennessee's depth doesn't compare. Eleven games into the season, I'm betting we have a much healthier roster than the Vols. And while going to Knoxville is less than ideal, given that they feel challenged to be noisier than Sanford was last year--it won't be the same vibe. They will have faced Bama in Tuscaloosa, and that's BAMA's big revenge game. They'll have played ATM and UK and MO, and I'm not sure they run that table. Remember, most of the gurus see them at 3-4 losses this season. Could be they'll prove everyone wrong, and be a well-tuned orange machine by that time.

I still think UGA will use September well, slowly getting into fighting shape against South Carolina and the Three Stooges. Auburn is a mess. Kentucky is always physical, but it's in Athens. Some people think Florida could win 3-4 total.

There could be someone to emerge the way the Vols did in '22, but it's hard to see who that would be. Highly likely we travel to the unholy hills undefeated. The point, however, is that the schedule gives UGA a lot more opportunity to develop its depth and rest key players, as we've done the last two seasons. Meanwhile, Carson Beck will not be an inexperienced starter come mid-November. He and his receiver corps should be on familiar terms.

For a lot of recent years, we struggled with South Carolina while handling Auburn easily. It's all about schedule placement. November is optimal for deeper teams. You'd best get us early this season, and the fact is...It's Ball State getting us early. Tennessee-Martin.

As the weather turns cool, and the playoffs approach--that's not when you want to play this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News