ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Rant

BeastInTheEastUGA

The Two-Time
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2020
I’m so sick of hearing Kirk Herbstreit and other members of the media basically talking down to college football fans. I don’t know if McAfee taught him this but Kirk just learned how to cuss this year and I’m tired of hearing him saying people are “bitching and moaning” and acting like this was a clear cut choice on the 4 teams and FSU just didn’t even deserve a shot or even have an argument. Look I know the rules, I know what the committee is supposed to look at (even if it does change week to week) and I know there are 5 P5 champs and only 4 playoff spots. It’s a f’ed up and flawed system and this is pretty much the only year I’ve felt we have needed more than a 4 team playoff. And it’s made me look forward to the 12 team expansion more. I do believe either Alabama or Georgia belonged in the playoff and they beat us and earned that spot. But if it doesn’t matter if you go undefeated or if you win your conference and they just pick the “unequivocally” best 4 teams how in the BLUE HELL is Washington in over us?? AND HOW IS FSU RANKED AHEAD OF US??

I may be biased but I feel like most people who pay any attention to football are not going to take Washington over the Dawgs in a head to head. I mean we literally saw what happened when we played their PAC counter part last year. This includes the newborn cusser Kirk Herbstriet. He cannot sit up there with a straight face and tell the world Washington is a better football team than the Georgia Bulldogs. And he hasn’t. If you find him saying this I will send you $1. I don’t say this to “bitch and moan” we aren’t in. We had our chance and we didn’t handle business. It’s unfortunate. I say this because this alone kills any argument to leave FSU out because they aren’t “unequivocally” one of the 4 best. This also isn’t me saying they are one of the four best. But it’s tragic they aren’t getting a shot to compete for a natty. Almost as tragic as the back to back being left out.

Oh well. Just wanted to rant. On to 12. Can’t wait to have championships decided on the field and not in some secret boardroom in an undisclosed location with less accountability for the decision makers than politicians and referees. And I’ve seen some say 12 will be tougher on us to win it all but I leave you with this. I’ll take Kirby head to head vs anyone in America on any given day (except Nick Saban). So I like our odds with 12 teams. Can’t wait. Go Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News