ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame Analysis: Game 9 - Ga Tech

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Them Dawgs!!!! Can we get Duke on the schedule? Because if that Ga Tech squad, that we made look like a middle school team, beat Duke then let’s bring the Blue Devils on down to Athens to get their whippin! 😁😁. What a night! Let’s gets after it here in the postgame:

Tip of the Cap:
Russel Tchewa appreciation, right out of the gate here. Dude changes the whole game. We are going to be looking at stat lines all year kind of scratching our head with him, and ol boy might not ever make it into an actual postgame article, but we are going to give him love here. He moves his feet so well. Active hands. Twice in a row now he has stolen the ball from a player 15 feet away from the basket. It feels like he has 20 rebounds and changes peoples shots all the time. And the Cameroonian has some chippyness to him that I wasn’t expecting and I freaking love it. He is a HUGE part of us winning.

Downtown!
Blue Cain absolutely got the stove hot with 4 threes. All of them felt big and timely. Kid showed up in a big way and White rewarded him with more minutes. But really it was our four horsemen (Hill, Noah, Blue, and Jabri) all shooting it well. They combined 10 for 23 from three for 43%. That’s winning numbers there.

Size:
It just felt like we were way bigger and more tough than Tech. Technically we only won the rebounding edge 50-43, but we were just way more physical downlow. Rebounding and contesting shots.
Our Rebounding Numbers:
Tchewa - 9
Jabri - 8
Demary -7
Melendez - 7
Thomason - 5
Cain - 4

Key Stat:
Turnovers. We only had 9 for the game, with Demary, Hill, and Thomasson only combining for 1 turnover total. BIG.

Areas to clean-up:
1. Melendez from 3. Love the kid. He is an elite driver. 0 for 7 from three tonight. He was at 14% coming in to tonight. He is now 4 for 35 for the season (11%). We are almost a 1/3 of the way through the season.
2. Demary at the free throw line. Was 2 of 5 from the line, missing some late that would have made it more comfortable. Now 62% on the year.

Final Analysis:
I know the rest of the SEC has lost to some bootleg teams in the non-conference. But I don’t want to join them. Let’s finish this thing up and close 10-3 headed into conference schedule. I don’t care where Tech is ranked. Tonight was a great win. Should provide some life and energy to our students about our team. When we are on, we can compete. We have enough of size, driving, shooting, and defending that we will have a chance each night. Let’s keep this train rolling! Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News