ADVERTISEMENT

Question concerning scholarship numbers for 2024

gfunk8899

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2019
Tifton
As we all know, we are taking a lot of commits for 2024. I think we are allowed to sign up to 32 come signing day I believe? Right now we are at 25 or 26 and probably going to lose one tomorrow with Riddick but there is no sign of any let up anytime soon. The NCAA rules say we still have to be at 85 when the 2024 season begins. After looking at our present roster I am seeing approximately 9+/- true seniors. I also estimated approximately 9 juniors that may declare for the NFL draft. If you go by my numbers which are estimates at best, the rest would have to be players entering the transfer portal. If my estimates are even remotely close to correct that leaves 14 spots left if we did sign 32. Do you think we would have 14 players leave via the portal? Also, is the extra year granted from Covid still in play to factor in this?

Tell me what I don't know or what I am missing. We are not a team with a lot of seniors or people that we definitely know are out of eligibility. I am sure CKS will work this out but it just seems a little out of the norm for us with all these commits.

Reactions: Stump One
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News