ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Does Carson Beck have what it takes to beat the top ranked…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
teams, or is he too timid and too much of a nervous Nellie (he’s been quoted in the paper at least two times about being nervous during games) to get the job done when the going gets tough? I am 100% behind CB, and no one wants to see him succeed more than I; UGA goes as CB goes. Up to this point, the evidence would be against him, it seems to me. The results so far show that his successes have come against moderately, and low, ranked teams; he’s amassed impressive stats against them.

Last year against the only top ranked team we played, Alabama, CB looked like a turtle that had retreated into its shell. In the game against UK Saturday, he looked very pedestrian and not nearly good enough to beat the top ranked teams. He can only throw check downs and swing passes so many times; the D will crowd us at the LOS and stop the short passes and the running game. He does have a strong arm and is pretty accurate, except with deep throws. He’ll need to be sharp and play a very good game if we are to beat Alabama Saturday. Here’s hoping! Your thoughts?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.