ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Most of the time when a player doesn't have that feel of being...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
solid, he ends up flipping/decommitting. Through his words or action, it usually happens because they player has left no shortage of writing on the wall. And while well intentioned fans(Disney's ;-), no offense) try to rationalize why they think the guys will hang on to their commitment, most of the time... it goes the other way in NSD or earlier. Immediate examples that come to mind are Montravious Adams, Duane Allen, Da'Rick Rodgers, Van Jefferson (albeit he flipped well before NSD), Pat Allen and Derrick Henry.

All those guys had the feel that they weren't going to stick with their commitment, in spite of the sunshine that was blown... NOW, when was the last time a guy who seemed like he'd surely flip, hung on?

I honestly can't think of one. Although, for some reason I was oddly surprised we held on to Keyon Brown last year through the coaching changes. I had my doubts that JHC would hang with us, but that was more to do with Cecil. Honestly, I can't remember how I felt about Max Jean-Gillis.

For the record, I think Godwin would flip if not for his sister. But I believe we hold on.

This post was edited on 1/20 8:57 PM by BaronVonHeinsteidel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News