ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks the reverse call late in the game vs Alabama….

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
was a bad call? Every once in a while, I’ll see someone on the Vent refer to it as a bad/terrible call. I don’t think it was a bad call; I think it was bad execution. From what I could tell on TV, the play would have been a big gainer if executed properly. Only the coaches and players know who was at fault on the fumble; we don’t know if the exchange was supposed to be a lateral or a handoff (at least I don’t know; does anybody else know?). I’m confident the play was executed perfectly in practice. Bobo and Kirby knew that it was a high risk play, but consider this….we were not moving the ball effectively at all; it was late in the game; our best WRs were injured and ineffective; our OL was having problems protecting the QB; we were not able to run the ball effectively; this play-call gave us the best chance to have a big play and win the game; with Bell’s speed and agility, I’m confident he would’ve taken it a long way, and it’s even possible he might’ve scored. I don’t fault Bobo or Kirby at all in calling this play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News