ADVERTISEMENT

Ramblings of a venter who can’t get to sleep

donalsonville_dawg

Bird Law Expert
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2014
Atlanta, GA
To say the least, this has been a crazy week. Last Monday in LA was awesome - and shout out to all my vent friends who I got to see at SoFi. The game was a pure destruction, and our place in college football is beyond what many of us dreamed we’d be. We have what only a handful of schools have ever had and it feels amazing.

Then another parade. And then the accident.

It’s so hard to know how to feel. What an incredible tragedy and I think about that road they were on and I think about being young and dumb and in college and…well that could have been any of us who went to UGA under the same circumstances.

But then you add in the deaths of two young people who just celebrated one of the happiest days of their young lives and it just doesn’t make any sense. Those kids didn’t deserve this ending.

I don’t know what to take from any of this. One of the great things about college football is that connection. It’s not just a jersey and team colors like it is in the pros. We’re a FAMILY and we’ve walked the same roads and we’ve sat in the same classes and we’ve had the same professors. We sing the same songs and we chant the same chants. We are connected.

That connection feels amazing when the Dawgs are doing their thing on the field and we’re at the top of the world. But that same connection creates this sadness for two people who I didn’t know at all who have passed on far too young.

I hope that the families and the folks who survived are all able to find peace. Anyway, I don’t have anything new or interesting to say. I just wanted to vent through it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News