ADVERTISEMENT

Recession likely coming

No, I wanted to know what yall thought it meant. Guess the $7.8 trillion Trump added to the deficit isn’t digging the hole deeper? What about that boondoggle of a wall that won’t stop anybody? How much money that we don’t have is that going to cost?

I think good foreign policy is containing Russia. And if you think Putin is stopping at Ukraine, you’re deluding yourself. Especially with the way your boy undermines NATO.
Neither party has anything to brag about: during Donald Trump’s whole presidency, the U.S. national debt increased by $8.18 trillion, a percentage increase of 40.43%. This is less than Barack Obama (69.98%) and George W. Bush (105.8%). However, Donald Trump was in office for only 4 years compared to 8 years for both Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

Agree on the Ukraine and Putin. Any dollar we spend on killing Russians and radical Arabs is money well spent.

Your words, not ours… you must be one of them ‘Merica apologists… to me America First policies are policies that strengthen American businesses and citizens… not hold them back and put them at a disadvantage…
I didn’t bring up America First, you did. You lost me on the apologist thing, but whatever.

Your definition is perfectly fine. I’m not sure it’s mine. I’m not sure it’s Trump’s either, but only because he’s usually pretty light on details.

No, I wanted to know what yall thought it meant. Guess the $7.8 trillion Trump added to the deficit isn’t digging the hole deeper? What about that boondoggle of a wall that won’t stop anybody? How much money that we don’t have is that going to cost?

I think good foreign policy is containing Russia. And if you think Putin is stopping at Ukraine, you’re deluding yourself. Especially with the way your boy undermines NATO.

If you believe a single number put out by the left I don’t know what to tell you. Not once have they been accurate in four years. They just all came running in here a month or so ago about the jobs report. Well we see again how that turned out. We were all calling bs. While at the same time several very nice venters lost their jobs and came here looking for help for one.

The wall is pretty self explanatory. But sure. Another middle dweller that is embarrassed to admit he is a liberal. Or hates Trump. I don’t like him either but supporting the other side shows an amazing lack of credibility. You can’t be remotely conservative and think Kamala is a good choice. Only tds explains that. Let me guess. You are different. Biden decided building the wall was not a bad idea after all and used trump funds to start it again.

Last edited:

If you believe a single number put out by the left I don’t know what to tell you. Not once have they been accurate in four years. They just all came running in here a month or so ago about the jobs report. Well we see again how that turned out. We were all calling bs. While at the same time several very nice venters lost their jobs and came here looking for help for one.

The wall is pretty self explanatory. But sure. Another middle dweller that is embarrassed to admit he is a liberal. Or hates Trump. I don’t like him either but supporting the other side shows an amazing lack of credibility. You can’t be remotely conservative and think Kamala is a good choice. Only tds explains that. Let me guess. You are different. Biden decided building the wall was not a bad idea after all and used trump funds to start it again.

Well since you’ve got me all figured out, let me give it a try.

This election is not about Harris. It’s a referendum on Trump, and that’s what the right, and you, wherever you fall on the spectrum, simply can’t grasp. He’s a moron that can’t help but lie, even when he doesn’t have to. He’s a fraud. He’s a criminal. And people want to still vote for him. Somehow this guy has become the face of the party of family values and morals. But I’m the sucker.

I don’t care for Harris. I can think of 5-10 republicans off the top of my head I’d vote for over her. But I’d vote for a steaming pile of cow flop over Trump. Hell it doesn’t even have to be steaming.

It took you a few posts, but I knew you are a sufferer ofTDS. I'll hang up and listen as you go back and look where I referenced Naranja Hombre. (hint: I didn't).

Meanwhile your guy gave us this:

U.S.-National-Debt-Reaches-35-Trillion_shareable1_July31.jpg

Reactions: seatonsdawgs

This election is not about Harris. It’s a referendum on Trump, and that’s what the right, and you, wherever you fall on the spectrum, simply can’t grasp. He’s a moron that can’t help but lie, even when he doesn’t have to. He’s a fraud. He’s a criminal. And people want to still vote for him. Somehow this guy has become the face of the party of family values and morals. But I’m the sucker.

I don’t care for Harris. I can think of 5-10 republicans off the top of my head I’d vote for over her. But I’d vote for a steaming pile of cow flop over Trump. Hell it doesn’t even have to be steaming.

dd9nsgy-69cac871-a4f0-4905-9871-d395f31032cd.gif

And a chronic media watcher as well. LOL at you guys saying "I am not a Democrat" you bunch of Trump lovers. And you guys are always the same, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: DTwnDawg

He listens to the mainstream media, is a TDS sufferer and is lonely. A new addition to the lib panel replace those that disappeared the last month or so.

Cool. Except he’s not my guy. I don’t how many different ways I can say it.

By the way, naranja is orange the fruit. Anaranjado is orange the color. But you’re really smart, so I’m sure it was just an oversight.

Cool. Except he’s not my guy. I don’t how many different ways I can say it.

By the way, naranja is orange the fruit. Anaranjado is orange the color. But you’re really smart, so I’m sure it was just an oversight.
Great another loser that likes grammar. And you are wrong, LOL.

a. orange-colored
(United States)
¿Quién era la chica con el vestido color naranja que estaba en tu fiesta? - Esa es mi prima, Sally.Who was the girl who was wearing the orange-colored dress at your party? - That's my cousin, Sally.

Enjoying mom's basement?

Great another loser that likes grammar. And you are wrong, LOL.

a. orange-colored
(United States)
¿Quién era la chica con el vestido color naranja que estaba en tu fiesta? - Esa es mi prima, Sally.Who was the girl who was wearing the orange-colored dress at your party? - That's my cousin, Sally.

Enjoying mom's basement?
I think your AI is not quite ready for prime time.

But I read Don Quixote in the original siglo XVII Spanish at UGA, so what do I know?

Si, estoy disfrutando el sotano de su madre. Digate a esa puta que Ella no se puede cocinar.

Well you are voting for a steaming pile of cow flop. She is the worst ever at her vp job. You want to give the worst ever a promotion. Brilliant. Harris is a fraud. She slept her way to get to where she is. People don’t even argue that. Ironically you believe she is a nice person. Just came out today over four years 92 percent of her staff has turned over, because is one of the ugliest people to try to work for. Curious about trump. He was at 72 percent. They are both shitty people. Horrible human beings. So vote for policy. Don’t be a moron and let whether you like someone or not be the deciding factor. Are you voting for class president?

I got it. TDS it is. And a steaming pile of it to quote you. Again no credibility, but at least you are out of the closet. Or you have transitioned.

Last edited:
are you okay?
Always. Just having a little fun with another tds sufferer. Not sure they come any other way. You are one of the few not embarrassed to be a liberal. Not that you care but I respect you for that.

Nice do you notice not one single person not like yourself, Celtic, or sho admits they are voting for lefty policy at all. It is just about hating trump. These guys don’t have a clue what Kamala’s voting record is or was. What she stands for.

Well you are voting for a steaming pile of cow flop. She is the worst ever at her vp job. You want to give the worst ever a promotion. Brilliant. Harris is a fraud. She slept her way to get to where she is. People don’t even argue that. Ironically you believe she is a nice person. Just came out today over four years 92 percent of her staff has turned over, because is one of the ugliest people to try to work for. Curious about trump. He was at 72 percent. They are both shitty people. Horrible human beings. So vote for policy. Don’t be a moron and let whether you like someone or not be the deciding factor. Are you voting for class president?

I got it. TDS it is. And a steaming pile of it to quote you. Again no credibility but at least you are out of the closet. Or you have transitioned.
I’m happy to vote on policy! Have you heard anything substantive from either one? I’ve heard mass deportation (that will never happen) and 100% tariffs (if you think prices are high now, hoo boy).
Always. Just having a little fun with another tds sufferer. Not sure they come any other way. You are one of the few not embarrassed to be a liberal. Not that you care but I respect you for that.
hey man, little bleach, little sunlight, my TDS should clear up in no time.

Reactions: nice marmot
fair enough - it did seem like you were channeling something there.

Reactions: zingerdawg
I’m happy to vote on policy! Have you heard anything substantive from either one? I’ve heard mass deportation (that will never happen) and 100% tariffs (if you think prices are high now, hoo boy).

hey man, little bleach, little sunlight, my TDS should clear up in no time.
You are listening to cnbc or cnn. Plenty substantive. Trump has said he will end the wars. He has said he will drill baby drill and negotiate with opec. Something they will not do anymore with Biden or Harris. He will work on getting rates to drop so people can buy homes again. I know mortgage brokers who are hurting everywhere. These are his words in interviews. He will put a stop to mass border crossings and try to round up god knows how many terrorists who are already here. Hope this stops the massive amount of murders and crimes they are committing.

In the meantime Kamala has flip flopped 20 or so positions. Because what she actually believes in would make her unelectable. She won’t even admit anything is wrong. Young people can’t find jobs that allow them to move out after college. Less and less jobs are available. Rent is at an all time high. Credit card debt is at an all time high and we are mortgaged to the hilt as a country. There is miles more. But please keep you vision squarely on hating trump. While we continue to be prison raped by the left.

I get it, but it's not a zero sum game. Isolationism and war are not our only choices.
Iyo, should we hold China accountable for unfair trade practices or should be integrate them more into our economy?

Do you think it's a good idea to manufacture our basic drugs as well as prescription drugs on U.S. soil or do you think it's a good idea to depend on China and other hostile countries to supply 50% or more of our meds?

Should the U.S. depend on foreign governments and even hostile governments for the chips we use to run military tech?

Is it a good idea to farm out manufacturing to other countries when manufacturing is not only a supplier of good jobs but also a national security concern?

America first does not mean America only but it does mean America's best interest does trump the interest of corporate globalist. Yeah, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme whether our sneakers are sown together in China or in Nebraska but the U.S. shouldn't be comfortable with a communist communist country supplying critical supplies.

You are listening to cnbc or cnn. Plenty substantive. Trump has said he will end the wars. He has said he will drill baby drill and negotiate with opec. Something they will not do anymore with Biden or Harris. He will work on getting rates to drop so people can buy homes again. I know mortgage brokers who are hurting everywhere. These are his words in interviews. He will put a stop to mass border crossings and try to round up god knows how many terrorists who are already here. Hope this stops the massive amount of murders and crimes they are committing.

In the meantime Kamala has flip flopped 20 or so positions. Because what she actually believes in would make her unelectable. She won’t even admit anything is wrong. Young people can’t find jobs that allow them to move out after college. Less and less jobs are available. Rent is at an all time high. Credit card debt is at an all time high and we are mortgaged to the hilt as a country. There is miles more. But please keep you vision squarely on hating trump. While we continue to be prison raped by the left.
Yep, all anyone has to do is google how Trump answered Maria Bartiromo when she asked how he planned to address inflation and then google the VP's answers to similar questions. Now, I'm not saying Trump has the silver bullet but at least he gave a coherent response that indicated he had a pretty good starting point.

Reactions: zingerdawg
Should the U.S. depend on foreign governments and even hostile governments for the chips we use to run military tech?

Is it a good idea to farm out manufacturing to other countries when manufacturing is not only a supplier of good jobs but also a national security concern?

See, I like this. Now we're talking. These 2 stuck out from your post.

Of course not. But we're nowhere near ready to replace Taiwan's chip industry if it goes down after a Chinese invasion. Taiwan has something like 90% of the world's microprocessor manufacturing capability. If you think things are expensive now, just wait until China has the entire market on everything that needs a chip. And China is watching what's happening in Ukraine and this election very closely. If Trump continues to talk about not defending our allies, and they don't think he will come to Taiwan's defense, they're going. And they're going sooner rather than later.

As for manufacturing, I'd love to bring it back, and I live in a town that manufactures steel, plastics, and garbage trucks. But when we shifted from a manufacturing-based economy to an investment-based economy, and the bottom line became more important than those jobs, the die was cast. Economies change, and I don't think we have the infrastructure anymore to be the America right after WWII. Trump thinks 100% tariffs are the answer, but the cost just gets passed on to the consumer and tariffs are imposed on our exports in retaliation. No one wins a trade war.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
But we're nowhere near ready to replace Taiwan's chip industry if it goes down after a Chinese invasion. Taiwan has something like 90% of the world's microprocessor manufacturing capability.
That is my point. We passed the chips act because everyone knows the supply of chips isn't secure but due to insane regs, we can't even pay manufacturers to build plants in the U.S.. Imo, anything that contributes to U.S. national security should be produced in the U.S. or in NATO countries at a minimum. We'd rather spend billions chasing unicorns than to encourage investment in the U.S. that would actually create more tax revenue for the fed government to fund unicorn chasing.

That is my point. We passed the chips act because everyone knows the supply of chips isn't secure but due to insane regs, we can't even pay manufacturers to build plants in the U.S.. Imo, anything that contributes to U.S. national security should be produced in the U.S. or in NATO countries at a minimum. We'd rather spend billions chasing unicorns than to encourage investment in the U.S. that would actually create more tax revenue for the fed government to fund unicorn chasing.
Sure, but even if we dropped every one of those regulations today, we'd still be years away from the capacity we need. We have to have a stopgap, and that's why I'm incredibly worried about China and Taiwan. There are a lot of regs that need to go, but regs also give us clean water and keep planes from falling out of the sky. Need to thread the needle, not take an eraser to the whole thing.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Sure, but even if we dropped every one of those regulations today, we'd still be years away from the capacity we need. We have to have a stopgap, and that's why I'm incredibly worried about China and Taiwan. There are a lot of regs that need to go, but regs also give us clean water and keep planes from falling out of the sky. Need to thread the needle, not take an eraser to the whole thing.
And by the way, a really big problem of CHIPS is a lack of workers that can do the job. I live in Alabama, home to Redstone Arsenal, and an ungodly amount of engineers. The 2 idiot senators we have both voted against it.

Of course you are correct but Main Street has been complaining about corporate globalism for decades but for some reason pols on both sides of the aisle have presided over corporatism first policies that chased industry out of the country. No doubt we're in a hole. We need to stop digging and start a national initiative ASAP to bring home industry that affects national security or we'll continue down the path of becoming more and more vulnerable to disruptions in the supply chain.

Reactions: NotSilverBritches
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT