ADVERTISEMENT

Reclayhound's Monday Morning Ramblings..........Enjoy............

redclayhound

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
32.9815°N, 82.8101°W
chStUPMp.jpg

Good morning UJD, 911, and all you truly good yet deplorable Dawgs (you know who you are and who you ain’t)……I hope y’all made good use of the weekend, even if you decided to simply rest up for this week…….How did y’all like the Town Hall Meeting with the POTUS on Fox News last night?......Good to see Martha McCallum in that pink coat lsst night……Martha and Robin Meade are two simply lovely 50 year old news anchors……..Beautiful ladies…….just like my bride…..Take care…….

b9b0ece5d149710fcde3b53755eeec0e.jpg

UGA SPORTS:

I’m gonna mention a Dawg great in the UGA football spotlight section this morning, just to make sure at least something Dawg is mentioned today in this “DAWGChat” forum………Today’s DGD in the spotlight is former Dawg Quarterback Joe Cox………

Let’s get to the good stuff right off……The bad news is Joe Cox is “NOT” a member of the 2000 yard club at UGA, the good news is he’s a member of the 3000 yard club at UGA…..And he threw 29 TD passes in his career at UGA……Not bad at all……..

KKK_8668.jpg

Joe played college football for four seasons at the University of Georgia (2006, 07, 08, 09) and was the team's starting quarterback for the 2009 season……He came to UGA as a high school Parade Magazine All-America and the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year, among other honors…….

Cox arrived at UGA in 2005, just in time to see DJ Shockley take over at QB, thus Cox took a wise redshirt………in 2006, 2007, and 2008, Cox, nor nobody else, was going to beat out Mathew Stafford for the starting QB job, so Cox backed up Matt those three years……After those three years with mop up duties, the starting QB was his in 2009…….And he made the best of it, throwing for over 2500 yards and tossing 24 TDs……That’s not a bad senior season at all……

In 2015 Joe become a Graduate Assistant for the Colorado State Ram…..Then in 2016, Cox was promoted to tight ends coach for Colorado State…….In January 2020, it was publicly announced that Joe Cox had joined the coaching staff of the South Carolina Gamecocks football as Tight Ends Coach…..

Joe Cox is a DGD, although now he’s wearing enemy colors…….He’s still a DGD in my book…….

SOME “DID YOU KNOW STUFF?” ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY:

giphy.gif

394 years ago today, American Indians sell Manhattan Island for $24 in cloth and buttons

305 years ago today, a French manufacturer debuts the first folding umbrella

240 years ago today, the American Academy of Arts & Science was founded in Boston, James Bowdoin, John and Samuel Adams founding members

174 years ago today, US state Michigan ends death penalty

159 years ago today, at Gretna, Louisiana, the1st guns of Rebel navy were cast

155 years ago today, President Lincoln is buried in Springfield, Illinois

142 years ago today, Thomas Edison's Phonograph shown for 1st time at Grand Opera House

134 years ago today, Violence between police and labour protesters erupted in the Haymarket Riot in Chicago, dramatizing the labour movement's struggle for recognition in the United States

127 years ago today, Cowboy Bill Pickett invents bulldogging,
the skill of grabbing cattle by the horns and wrestling them to the ground

steer-wrestling-reno-rodeo-event-photos.jpg

116 years ago today, Construction begins by the United States on the Panama Canal

Also 116 years ago today, Charles Stewart Rolls meets Frederick Henry Royce at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, England. Go on to form Roll-Royce

1904_RollsRoyce_10HP1.jpg

101 years ago today, 1st legal Sunday baseball game in NYC, 35,000 watch the Phillies beat the NY Giants 4-3

96 years ago today, the VIII Summer Olympic Games open at Olympic Stadium of Colombes, Paris, France

93 years ago today, 1st balloon flight over 40,000 feet (Scott Field, Illinois)

91 years ago today, Lou Gehrig hits 3 consecutive HRs, Yankees 11, Tigers 9

88 years ago today, Al Capone enters Atlanta Penitentiary convicted of income tax evasion

960x0.jpg

78 years ago today, Battle of Coral Sea begins (1st naval battle fought solely in air) between Japanese, US and Australian navies and air forces

Also 78 years ago today, Food 1st rationed in US

75 years ago today, German forces in Denmark, Norway and the Netherlands surrender unconditionally to British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery at Luneburg Heath

74 years ago today, 5 die in a 2 day riot at Alcatraz prison in San Francisco bay

Also 74 years ago today, Washington’s Cecil Travis gets 6 straight hits

71 years ago today, Plane carrying the entire Torino Serie A soccer squad crashes on the outskirts of Turin, Italy; 31 killed; Torino awarded League title at the request of their rivals

67 years ago today, Pulitzer Prize for Literature awarded to Ernest Hemingway for "The Old Man & The Sea"

64 years ago today, Gene Vincent records “Be-Bop-A-Lula”

63 years ago today, Alan Freed hosts "Rock n' Roll Show" 1st prime-time network rock show

61 years ago today, First Grammy Awards: Perry Como & Ella Fitzgerald are the big winners

mIssueYear___mIssueMonth___mIssueDay_-016-e1337182161688.jpg

59 years ago today, Malcolm Ross & Victor Prather reach 34,668 m (record) in balloon

57 years ago today, Pitcher Bob Shaw sets record of 5 balks in a game

55 years ago today, Willie Mays 512th HR breaks Mel Ott's 511th NL record

50 years ago today, Ohio National Guardsmen open fire on student protesters at Kent State University, killing four and wounding nine others

Ohio-National-Guardsmen-Commons-Kent-Taylor-Hall-May-4-1970.jpg

48 years ago today, Vietcong forms revolutionary government in Quang Tri, South Vietnam

Also 48 years ago today, "The Don't Make A Wave Committee," a fledgling environmental organization founded in Canada in 1971, officially changes its name to the "Greenpeace Foundation"

47 years ago today, 1st TV network female nudity-Steambath (PBS)-Valerie Perrine

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-03-30%2Bat%2B7.57.04%2BAM.png

46 years ago today, 100th Kentucky Derby: Angel Cordero Jr. aboard Cannonade wins in 2:04

Also 46 years ago today, Grand Funk's cover of "The Loco-Motion" hits #1 in America. It's the second time the song has topped the chart: Little Eva's original went to #1 in 1962…..And the soundtrack to the movie The Sting becomes the #1 album in America, where it stays for five weeks.

45 years ago today, Houston's Bob Watson scores baseball's one-millionth run of all time

Also 45 years ago today, Italian film "Seven Beauties" directed by Lina Wertmüller, starring Giancarlo Giannini, and Shirley Stoler released - first film directed by a women to be nominated for an Academy Award

41 years ago today, Margaret Thatcher becomes the first woman to be elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

39 years ago today, Yankee Ron Davis strikes out 8 consecutive Angels, ran record of 13 strikeouts of last 14 faced, also saved Gene Nelsons 1st win, 4-2

38 years ago today, British destroyer HMS Sheffield hit by Exocet rocket off Falkland Islands: 20 of her crew died.

Also 38 years ago today, Twins rookie outfielder Jim Eisenreich, who suffers from Tourette's Syndrome, removes himself, due to taunts from Red Sox bleacher fans

36 years ago today, Dave Kingman's fly ball never comes down (stuck in Metrodome ceiling)

mlb_a_kingmanpop_600.jpg

35 years ago today, 111th Kentucky Derby: Angel Cordero Jr on Spend A Buck wins 2:00.2

33 years ago today, live models were used for the first time in Playtex bra ads

30 years ago today, Angela Bowie reveals that ex-husband David slept with Mick Jagger

Also 30 years ago today, Oriole Gregg Olson sets relief pitcher rec of 41 cons scoreless inns

And again 30 years ago today, Electric chair malfunctions in Florida, leading states to change execution methods

article-2316801-198C34EE000005DC-22_634x682.jpg

29 years ago today, Indians' Chris James sets club record for most RBIs in a game (9)

28 years ago today, "I Saw the Light" single released by Wynonna (Billboard Song of the Year 1992)

22 years ago today, A federal judge in Sacramento, California, gives "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski four life sentences plus 30 years after Kaczynski accepts a plea agreement sparing him from the death penalty.

18 years ago today, Barry Bonds hits his 400th home run as an SF Giant, in a 3-0 win over Cincinnati. Bonds is first player with 400 homers for one team and 100 with another (Pirates)

5 years ago today, Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry is named MVP for the 2014-15 NBA season

stephencurryreuters.jpg

4 years ago today, John Kasich bows out of the race for US Republican Presidential nominee

2 years ago today, LA Angels 1st baseman Albert Pujols collects his 3,000th MLB hit in a 5-0 win v Mariners in Seattle

Also 2 years ago today, California overtakes Great Britain to become the worlds fifth largest economy

One year ago today, 145th Kentucky Derby: stewards disqualify first-across-the-line Maximum Security for interference; longshot Country House declared winner; first DQ in race history for race infraction

SOME FOLKS WHO DIED ON THIS DATE
Clipboard59__95202.1563132723.1280.1280.jpg

Horace Mann 1796 - Educator, father of public education in the U.S.

Moe Howard, American actor and comedian (one of The 3 Stooges)

Ed "Cass" Cassidy 1923 - Musician (New Jazz Trio, Taj Mahal, Spirit)

Josip Broz Tito, Yugoslav communist revolutionary and leader of Yugoslavia (1943-80)

MCA [Adam Yauch], Beastie Boys vocalist

Diana Dors, the British Marilyn Monroe, appeared in the movies "Oliver Twist", "The Great Game" and "There's a Girl in My Soup"

Jack Barry, TV Game Show host (Joker’s Wild)

Alvy Moore, county agent Hank Kimball in the TV series "Green Acres"

Dom DeLuise, comedian ("Blazing Saddles", "Silent Movie", "The Cannonball Run", "Space Balls")

Ernie Harwell, Baseball announcer, he called games for the Detroit Tigers for more than 40 years

SOME FOLKS BORN ON THIS DATE:

y85bf.jpg

Bob Johnson, he was the voice on the tape recorder giving Mr. Phelps his assignments in the TV series "Mission: Impossible"

Betsy Rawls, American golfer (US Womens Open-51, 53, 57, 60), born in Spartanburg, South Carolina

Audrey Hepburn, actress ("My Fair Lady" and managed to squeeze in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" before leaving for her "Roman Holiday")

Mr. Fuji [Harry Masayoshi Fujiwara], American professional wrestler,

John Force, American drag racer (16 NHRA Championships)

Paul Gleason, actor (Best known for playing Principal Vernon in the movie "The Breakfast Club", Clarence Beeks in the movie "Trading Places", and Deputy Chief Dwayne Robinson in the movie "Die Hard", he appeared in many other film and TV roles as well)

Randy Travis, American country music singer (Diggin' Up Bones)

Bob Tway, American golfer (PGA Championship 1986)

George Will, Columnist and political commentator

Rory McIlroy, Irish golfer (US Open 2011, British Open 2014, PGA C'ship 2012, 14)

Jackie Jackson, oldest brother of The Jackson 5 (aka The Jacksons)

TODAY’S @$$HOLE OF THE DAY:
1hh5qj.jpg

Several choices again today, and some good ones, but I’m going with a man way smarter than me, and also one that is way crazier than me……Following is a very condensed version of his bombings that lingered for years in the national spotlight before being solved…….Kaczynski was the subject of the longest and most expensive investigation in the history of the Federal Bureau of Investigation………..

Theodore John “Ted” Kaczynski, also known as the “Unabomber’, was admitted to Harvard at age 16, earned a mathematics PH.D. from the University of Michigan, and at 25 became the youngest professor ever hired by UC Berkeley……He was apparently unpopular among undergraduates, who gave him poor ratings because he seemed nervous while teaching and was unresponsive during office hours…….

Ted-Kaczynski-lede.jpg

After two years Kaczynski resigned his University position and moved back into his parents’ home………Later he moved to a remote cabin in Montana with neither electricity nor running water…….Between 1978 and 1995 Kaczynski mailed 16 homemade bombs to airlines, universities, and computer stores, setting off a massive FBI search……His prolonged terror spree, which killed three and injured 23 others, was code-named “Unabom” (for its UNiversity and Airline BOMbing targets)…….In 1995 Kaczynski sent a 35,000-word anti-technology manifesto to newspapers for publication, which led to a tip from the bomber’s brother………He was captured and 22 years ago today was sentenced to life in prison without parole……...

OK Teddy boy, you’re living the life now, running water and electricity……You sorry @&%#, you don’t deserve the comforts of prison……Your purpose was to start a revolution by conducting a nationwide bombing campaign targeting people involved with modern technology……..You Mr K, are nothing more than a Charles Manson without the girls, crazy as h@ll…….You killed three with the intent to kill many more, yet you are writing books as I understand….You deserve more, so on the 22nd anniversary of your life sentencing, step up on the throne, put that crown on your head, for I annoint you @$$Hole of the Day…….And you can KMA too, you crazy murdering low-life POS…….

As always my good Dawg friends, I hope y’all have a Great Bulldawg Day…..Stay Safe…..help MAGA…….and God Bless…….

cb08c0d7b0e7449f2273183a77e6186d.png

0cb42d7c7f68fed8519555dd846b307b.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, rch, for launching another week on the Chats. Great stuff.

The mention that Rolls-Royce was formed 116 years ago today caught my attention. It now appears likely that I will go through life without ever even riding in a Rolls Royce (I have though, flown in an airplane with Rolls-Royce engines). I wonder, has anyone on these Chats ever taken a ride in a Rolls?

The mention that Rolls-Royce was formed 116 years ago today caught my attention. It now appears likely that I will go through life without ever even riding in a Rolls Royce (I have though, flown in an airplane with Rolls-Royce engines). I wonder, has anyone on these Chats ever taken a ride in a Rolls?

NO
6803_main_l.jpg

YES
c6dc31c90fab7a821e9bcd56de8d5945.jpg

Yes, while doing business in London Mrs. 65 and I had a booked car to take us to a dinner 25 miles from London near Windsor Castle. IT was quite a ride with a chauffeur. It was a three hour dinner with an English couple. Them was the days my Friend and they did end. 65. It was The Waterside Inn and they gave us a dinner plate as a reminder..

Last edited:
chStUPMp.jpg

Good morning UJD, 911, and all you truly good yet deplorable Dawgs (you know who you are and who you ain’t)……I hope y’all made good use of the weekend, even if you decided to simply rest up for this week…….How did y’all like the Town Hall Meeting with the POTUS on Fox News last night?......Good to see Martha McCallum in that pink coat lsst night……Martha and Robin Meade are two simply lovely 50 year old news anchors……..Beautiful ladies…….just like my bride…..Take care…….

b9b0ece5d149710fcde3b53755eeec0e.jpg

UGA SPORTS:

I’m gonna mention a Dawg great in the UGA football spotlight section this morning, just to make sure at least something Dawg is mentioned today in this “DAWGChat” forum………Today’s DGD in the spotlight is former Dawg Quarterback Joe Cox………

Let’s get to the good stuff right off……The bad news is Joe Cox is “NOT” a member of the 2000 yard club at UGA, he’s a member of the 3000 yard club at UGA…..And he threw 29 TD passes in his career at UGA……Not bad at all……..

KKK_8668.jpg

Joe played college football for four seasons at the University of Georgia (2006, 07, 08, 09) and was the team's starting quarterback for the 2009 season……He came to UGA as a high school Parade Magazine All-America and the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year, among other honors…….

Cox arrived at UGA in 2005, just in time to see DJ Shockley take over at QB, thus Cox tok a wise redshirt………in 2006, 2007, and 2008, Cox, nor nobody else, was going to beat out Mathew Stafford for the starting QB job, so Cox backed up Matt those three years……After those three years with mop up duties, the starting QB was his in 2009…….And he made the best of it, throwing for over 250 yards and tossing 24 TDs……That’s not a bad senior season at all……

In 2015 Joe become a Graduate Assistant for the Colorado State Ram…..Then in 2016, Cox was promoted to tight ends coach for Colorado State…….In January 2020, it was publicly announced that Joe Cox had joined the coaching staff of the South Carolina Gamecocks football as Tight Ends Coach…..

Joe Cox is a DGD, although now he’s wearing enemy colors…….He’s still a DGD in my book…….

SOME “DID YOU KNOW STUFF?” ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY:

giphy.gif

394 years ago today, American Indians sell Manhattan Island for $24 in cloth and buttons

305 years ago today, a French manufacturer debuts the first folding umbrella

240 years ago today, the American Academy of Arts & Science was founded in Boston, James Bowdoin, John and Samuel Adams founding members

174 years ago today, US state Michigan ends death penalty

159 years ago today, at Gretna, Louisiana, the1st guns of Rebel navy were cast

142 years ago today, Thomas Edison's Phonograph shown for 1st time at Grand Opera House

134 years ago today, Violence between police and labour protesters erupted in the Haymarket Riot in Chicago, dramatizing the labour movement's struggle for recognition in the United States

127 years ago today, Cowboy Bill Pickett invents bulldogging 2015,
the skill of grabbing cattle by the horns and wrestling them to the ground

steer-wrestling-reno-rodeo-event-photos.jpg

116 years ago today, Construction begins by the United States on the Panama Canal

Also 116 years ago today, Charles Stewart Rolls meets Frederick Henry Royce at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, England. Go on to form Roll-Royce

1904_RollsRoyce_10HP1.jpg

101 years ago today, 1st legal Sunday baseball game in NYC, 35,000 watch the Phillies beat the NY Giants 4-3

96 years ago today, the VIII Summer Olympic Games open at Olympic Stadium of Colombes, Paris, France

93 years ago today, 1st balloon flight over 40,000 feet (Scott Field, Illinois)

91 years ago today, Lou Gehrig hits 3 consecutive HRs, Yankees 11, Tigers 9

88 years ago today, Al Capone enters Atlanta Penitentiary convicted of income tax evasion

960x0.jpg

78 years ago today, Battle of Coral Sea begins (1st naval battle fought solely in air) between Japanese, US and Australian navies and air forces

Also 78 years ago today, Food 1st rationed in US

75 years ago today, German forces in Denmark, Norway and the Netherlands surrender unconditionally to British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery at Luneburg Heath

74 years ago today, 5 die in a 2 day riot at Alcatraz prison in San Francisco bay

Also 74 years ago today, Washington’s Cecil Travis gets 6 straight hits

71 years ago today, Plane carrying the entire Torino Serie A soccer squad crashes on the outskirts of Turin, Italy; 31 killed; Torino awarded League title at the request of their rivals

67 years ago today, Pulitzer Prize for Literature awarded to Ernest Hemingway for "The Old Man & The Sea"

64 years ago today, Gene Vincent records “Be-Bop-A-Lula”

63 years ago today, Alan Freed hosts "Rock n' Roll Show" 1st prime-time network rock show

61 years ago today, First Grammy Awards: Perry Como & Ella Fitzgerald are the big winners

mIssueYear___mIssueMonth___mIssueDay_-016-e1337182161688.jpg

59 years ago today, Malcolm Ross & Victor Prather reach 34,668 m (record) in balloon

57 years ago today, Pitcher Bob Shaw sets record of 5 balks in a game

55 years ago today, Willie Mays 512th HR breaks Mel Ott's 511th NL record

Also 55 years ago today, President Lincoln is buried in Springfield, Illinois

50 years ago today, Ohio National Guardsmen open fire on student protesters at Kent State University, killing four and wounding nine others

Ohio-National-Guardsmen-Commons-Kent-Taylor-Hall-May-4-1970.jpg

48 years ago today, Vietcong forms revolutionary government in Quang Tri, South Vietnam

Also 48 years ago today, "The Don't Make A Wave Committee," a fledgling environmental organization founded in Canada in 1971, officially changes its name to the "Greenpeace Foundation"

47 years ago today, 1st TV network female nudity-Steambath (PBS)-Valerie Perrine

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-03-30%2Bat%2B7.57.04%2BAM.png

46 years ago today, 100th Kentucky Derby: Angel Cordero Jr. aboard Cannonade wins in 2:04

Also 46 years ago today, Grand Funk's cover of "The Loco-Motion" hits #1 in America. It's the second time the song has topped the chart: Little Eva's original went to #1 in 1962…..And the soundtrack to the movie The Sting becomes the #1 album in America, where it stays for five weeks.

45 years ago today, Houston's Bob Watson scores baseball's one-millionth run of all time

Also 45 years ago today, Italian film "Seven Beauties" directed by Lina Wertmüller, starring Giancarlo Giannini, and Shirley Stoler released - first film directed by a women to be nominated for an Academy Award

41 years ago today, Margaret Thatcher becomes the first woman to be elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

39 years ago today, Yankee Ron Davis strikes out 8 consecutive Angels, ran record of 13 strikeouts of last 14 faced, also saved Gene Nelsons 1st win, 4-2

38 years ago today, British destroyer HMS Sheffield hit by Exocet rocket off Falkland Islands: 20 of her crew died.

Also 38 years ago today, Twins rookie outfielder Jim Eisenreich, who suffers from Tourette's Syndrome, removes himself, due to taunts from Red Sox bleacher fans

36 years ago today, Dave Kingman's fly ball never comes down (stuck in Metrodome ceiling)

mlb_a_kingmanpop_600.jpg

35 years ago today, 111th Kentucky Derby: Angel Cordero Jr on Spend A Buck wins 2:00.2

33 years ago today, live models were used for the first time in Playtex bra ads

30 years ago today, Angela Bowie reveals that ex-husband David slept with Mick Jagger

Also 30 years ago today, Oriole Gregg Olson sets relief pitcher rec of 41 cons scoreless inns

And again 30 years ago today, Electric chair malfunctions in Florida, leading states to change execution methods

article-2316801-198C34EE000005DC-22_634x682.jpg

29 years ago today, Indians' Chris James sets club record for most RBIs in a game (9)

28 years ago today, "I Saw the Light" single released by Wynonna (Billboard Song of the Year 1992)

22 years ago today, A federal judge in Sacramento, California, gives "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski four life sentences plus 30 years after Kaczynski accepts a plea agreement sparing him from the death penalty.

18 years ago today, Barry Bonds hits his 400th home run as an SF Giant, in a 3-0 win over Cincinnati. Bonds is first player with 400 homers for one team and 100 with another (Pirates)

5 years ago today, Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry is named MVP for the 2014-15 NBA season

stephencurryreuters.jpg

4 years ago today, John Kasich bows out of the race for US Republican Presidential nominee

2 years ago today, LA Angels 1st baseman Albert Pujols collects his 3,000th MLB hit in a 5-0 win v Mariners in Seattle

Also 2 years ago today, California overtakes Great Britain to become the worlds fifth largest economy

One year ago today, 145th Kentucky Derby: stewards disqualify first-across-the-line Maximum Security for interference; longshot Country House declared winner; first DQ in race history for race infraction

SOME FOLKS WHO DIED ON THIS DATE
Clipboard59__95202.1563132723.1280.1280.jpg

Horace Mann 1796 - Educator, father of public education in the U.S.

Moe Howard, American actor and comedian (one of The 3 Stooges)

Ed "Cass" Cassidy 1923 - Musician (New Jazz Trio, Taj Mahal, Spirit)

Josip Broz Tito, Yugoslav communist revolutionary and leader of Yugoslavia (1943-80)

MCA [Adam Yauch], Beastie Boys vocalist

Diana Dors, the British Marilyn Monroe, appeared in the movies "Oliver Twist", "The Great Game" and "There's a Girl in My Soup"

Jack Barry, TV Game Show host (Joker’s Wild)

Alvy Moore, county agent Hank Kimball in the TV series "Green Acres"

Dom DeLuise, comedian ("Blazing Saddles", "Silent Movie", "The Cannonball Run", "Space Balls")

Ernie Harwell, Baseball announcer, he called games for the Detroit Tigers for more than 40 years

SOME FOLKS BORN ON THIS DATE:

y85bf.jpg

Bob Johnson, he was the voice on the tape recorder giving Mr. Phelps his assignments in the TV series "Mission: Impossible"

Betsy Rawls, American golfer (US Womens Open-51, 53, 57, 60), born in Spartanburg, South Carolina

Audrey Hepburn, actress ("My Fair Lady" and managed to squeeze in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" before leaving for her "Roman Holiday")

Mr. Fuji [Harry Masayoshi Fujiwara], American professional wrestler,

John Force, American drag racer (16 NHRA Championships)

Paul Gleason, actor (Best known for playing Principal Vernon in the movie "The Breakfast Club", Clarence Beeks in the movie "Trading Places", and Deputy Chief Dwayne Robinson in the movie "Die Hard", he appeared in many other film and TV roles as well)

Randy Travis, American country music singer (Diggin' Up Bones)

Bob Tway, American golfer (PGA Championship 1986)

George Will, Columnist and political commentator

Rory McIlroy, Irish golfer (US Open 2011, British Open 2014, PGA C'ship 2012, 14)

Jackie Jackson, oldest brother of The Jackson 5 (aka The Jacksons)

TODAY’S @$$HOLE OF THE DAY:
1hh5qj.jpg

Several choices again today, and some good ones, but I’m going with a man way smarter than me, and also one that is way crazier than me……Following is a very condensed version of his bombings that lingered for years in the national spotlight before being solved…….Kaczynski was the subject of the longest and most expensive investigation in the history of the Federal Bureau of Investigation………..

Theodore John “Ted” Kaczynski, also known as the “Unabomber’, was admitted to Harvard at age 16, earned a mathematics PH.D. from the University of Michigan, and at 25 became the youngest professor ever hired by UC Berkeley……He was apparently unpopular among undergraduates, who gave him poor ratings because he seemed nervous while teaching and was unresponsive during office hours…….

Ted-Kaczynski-lede.jpg

After two years Kaczynski resigned his University position and moved back into his parents’ home………Later he moved to a remote cabin in Montana with neither electricity nor running water…….Between 1978 and 1995 Kaczynski mailed 16 homemade bombs to airlines, universities, and computer stores, setting off a massive FBI search……His prolonged terror spree, which killed three and injured 23 others, was code-named “Unabom” (for its UNiversity and Airline BOMbing targets)…….In 1995 Kaczynski sent a 35,000-word anti-technology manifesto to newspapers for publication, which led to a tip from the bomber’s brother………He was captured and 22 years ago today was sentenced to life in prison without parole……...

OK Teddy boy, you’re living the life now, running water and electricity……You sorry @&%#, you don’t deserve the comforts of prison……Your purpose was to start a revolution by conducting a nationwide bombing campaign targeting people involved with modern technology……..You Mr K, are nothing more than a Charles Manson without the girls, crazy as h@ll…….You killed three with the intent to kill many more, yet you are writing books as I understand….You deserve more, so ub the 22nd anniversary of your life sentencing, step up on the throne, put that crown on your head, for I anoint you @$$Hole of the Day…….And you can KMA too, you crazy murdering low-life POS…….

As always my good Dawg friends, I hope y’all have a Great Bulldawg Day…..Stay Safe…..help MAGA…….and God Bless…….

cb08c0d7b0e7449f2273183a77e6186d.png

0cb42d7c7f68fed8519555dd846b307b.jpg

Thanks RCH for another Monday to remember. 65 Those Rolls Silver Cloud were a seldom seen or used! 65

Yes, while doing business in London Mrs. 65 and I had a booked car to take us to a luncheon 25 miles from London near Windsor Castle. IT was quite a ride with a chauffeur. It was a three hour dinner with an English couple. Them was the days my Friend and they did end. 65. It was The Waterside Inn and they gave us a dinner plate as a reminder..

By chance, do you recall if this man was your chauffeur?

BqnOIUDTDkumC2IXhMftrc-qO5itS9Cpw0i9PIq1xdAiybsbC5ZmErbcUzNNbsVOyNgjBaqc53LRpzUmtXPVQzgiHBLWJv4pdTZ7yH9LtW4_10qMG6h29IOYhcpUF2vJO6m7

Love that description of Ted. Manson without the girls. Great job today, Red. But then, that's a given! Thanks for continuing to do this. It's nice to read something with my coffee like we used to do.

Great job as usual, RCH. Thanks for highlighting Eva Cassidy, she was taken from us way too early!

Great and interesting Ramblings today, rch. Thanks for posting that Eva Cassidy video, ibd. I have about 6 of her albums but did not know video exists, so this will prompt me took for more. It was tremendous. I see it was recorded at Blues Alley in 1996, which makes me wonder if it was the night they recorded the Live album.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT