ADVERTISEMENT

***WAR ROOM*** Recruiting Notes - 7/19

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020

Went back through my text messages and I first was notified of some trouble with the Heyward commitment in June 18. We have had been told that in the couple of weeks following the UCF visit that Georgia had fortified things with the safety, but it appears that communication between the two parties deteriorated as of late.

Georgia is all in on KJ Bolden as we know. Despite my inner @DonutDawg giving me a little pause at times, I continue to hear from sources at UGA that Georgia is in a good spot in this recruitment and will ultimately win out. Only a couple of weeks left to find out.

We also have reported in the 7/10 War Room that when all was said and done we expected Kam Mikell to be in this class. I believe the development with Heyward only solidifies that.

Now the question is can Georgia hold on to Peyton Woodyard? I’d lean towards yes right now, but Alabama is pushing hard for the longtime Georgia commit. Clearly Woodyard is no longer as active on social media and things of that nature in a pro-Georgia way. We’ll see how relationships are sustained there during a busy football season.

About this time next week I believe you’ll see a trade off at ILB in the class. Demarcus Riddick exits the class and heads to Alabama and Justin Williams becomes a Georgia Bulldog. Barring any last minute changes, this is how we’re told this will play out.

Was told before his multi-day unofficial in June that Frazier was already planning his commitment to Georgia. Video and all of that. I do believe Alabama created some doubt on Frazier’s part, but as we reported when Bowens flipped from Florida, it was a big big weekend for Georgia at the RB position. Expect Frazier will wait to pull the trigger until after his September OV. As of now, fully expecting him to play his college ball Between the Hedges.

Georgia gave it a solid run at Mike Matthews and got a lot closer than expected in this recruitment. Ultimately he’ll be a Vol based on last reports.

Georgia still would like to add a 4th WR in the class. Ryan Wingo and BMac are in daily communication. Both parties are wanting to see each other perform this fall. Georgia wants to see Wingo reach his full potential and take the next step in his game. Wingo wants to see Bobo’s passing game. The decision won’t be made until Dec. 20. Georgia is still right in the thick of this one, despite reports otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News