ADVERTISEMENT

Regular unleaded still $2.28 per gallon here. WTF

Gas retailers more often than not break even or lose money on gasoline sales. They are making a good margin rat now, but probably wont last much longer.I don't blame them for taking advantage of a falling market. Gotta make hay while the sun is shining.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Gas retailers more often than not break even or lose money on gasoline sales. They are making a good margin rat now, but probably wont last much longer.I don't blame them for taking advantage of a falling market. Gotta make hay while the sun is shining.

Now I understand why this guy was pulling out of the station as I turned in.

feeling-a-little-overloaded-buck-buchanan.jpg

$1.55 at both the Costco on Peachtree Dunwoody in Sandy Springs and the one in Brookhaven. $1.45(!) at Costco at Cumberland Mall (75N & 285). With the 4% cash back on gas with my Costco Visa, that's $1.39, which I feel like I haven't paid since I was in college! Of course, under this quarantine I have barely been driving so I haven't filled my car up in over 2 weeks, which is crazy for me.

Retail gas margins are the highest they have been in history. Nationwide average was over 70cpg last week. Very few price at Breakeven historical street margins net of credit card are 8cpg nationwide.

$1.55 at both the Costco on Peachtree Dunwoody in Sandy Springs and the one in Brookhaven. $1.45(!) at Costco at Cumberland Mall (75N & 285). With the 4% cash back on gas with my Costco Visa, that's $1.39, which I feel like I haven't paid since I was in college! Of course, under this quarantine I have barely been driving so I haven't filled my car up in over 2 weeks, which is crazy for me.
2008 prices were lower

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
2008 prices were lower

Got it, couldn't remember exact pricing from over the years, just that I haven't consistently seen prices with a "1" at the front in a while- especially in the mid-1's. I do remember when I started driving & was in college in the '90's, gas always seemed to be somewhere around $1 a gallon. So if you had a car that held around 20 gallons, you could fill up for $20 or less.

Nationwide maybe, as margins are much higher out west. Retailers in Georgia wood love to have the margins of their western counterparts.

$1.39/gallon at Dollar general in Donalsonville. Just filled up wife's 16 gallon tank for $21. That just ain't right. Lolololol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT