ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched game and really perplexed with the Officials

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
After rewatching the Kentucky game for the 2nd time I continue to be perplexed about the officiating. It was worse in the rewatch than watching in live.

Thru 3 games here is where we stand with penalties
  • Clemson 3-15 ; UGA 7-70
  • Tech 5-51 ; UGA 9-85
  • Kentucky 4-23 ; UGA 9-85

• Anthony Evans was knocked down, shoved in the chest and bumped twice on fair catches with no official seeming to be concerned
  • Kentucky got 3 critical first down on 3rd and long via penalties. One legit, one questionable and one a total miss. Georgia got ZERO
  • Georgia Defensive backs got called 3 times for holding or pass interference. One legit and 2 questionable. Kentucky got called none.
  • I thought the holding call on Anthony Evan’s run back was legit, just perplexed how Kentucky got no holding penalties with #11 and #2 being hooked several times on their blitzes and we seem to be getting past their DL all night but ZERO holding calls on Kentucky
  • #11 for UGA gets called for a block in the back at a critical point in game but #32 gets mugged on a stretch run in a critical point in game and nothing gets called.
  • Did the head ref really stop the clock at end of the half as he supposedly spotted a UGA player hurt (other refs had no idea who he was referring too ) to give Kentucky time to reset and get ready for play. Unless it’s a head injury or related and the player appears to be ready for play the clock should keep running
  • On the final possession the head ref stops the clock to see if it should be 2 or 3 seconds left with Kentucky WR’s 25 yards down the field and going to take 5 seconds minimum for them to get back and set. Set the ball for play and if clock runs out then review to see if to much time elapsed, don’t let them have a free timeout and get to reset and call a play
  • I looked at last punt several times on last possession, I thought # 11 punched it back and # 6 had re-established out of end zone and ball should have been placed on the 4 yard line. I could be wrong as didn’t have perfect angle but Kirby should have challenged, he had nothing to lose either way.
Really frustrating that we are not getting “Bama Calls” as it is often referred to based on record we have achieved over the last 4 years or so. We still seem to be over penalized and holding calls against our opponent are almost nonexistent. Really puts us against the 8 ball at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.