ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Neuheisel continues to spread the narrative...

andrepulpwood

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2015
that Georgia intentionally plays a weak non-conference schedule. I heard him on "Full Ride" on Sirius say it again this morning. He also continues to maintain that Georgia cancelled the Oklahoma game this year to avoid having a tough game. This is just b.s. Everything I have read indicates that the SEC forced the cancellation of the game because the second game of the two-game series (when Oklahoma would travel to Athens) was not to be played until 2031 when Oklahoma would already be a member of the SEC. Why would we schedule the game in the first place if we wanted to cancel it? Illogical. He postulated why Alabama and Texas were able to play their series and we weren't? That's simple: both games of the Texas-Alabama series were able to be completed before Texas joined the SEC. Not the case with the Georgia-Oklahoma two-game series. Also, if you look at our schedule the past several years, we opened with Oregon last year, Clemson the year before that (when Clemson was actually good), and Notre Dame the two prior years. We open with Clemson again next year. I like Rick and enjoy his show, but he's just wrong about this. I wish someone would tweet him. I don't know how to do that! Go Dawgs!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News