ADVERTISEMENT

Roe V. Wade not about abortion but about privacy........Has everyone looked into what that means and the powers striking down this ruling......

Wrong. Go back and listen. All SCOTUS nominees answer loaded questions the same way except for stupid ones. They get rejected.
I watched the hearings then and have watched sections of them since.

look, it doesn't matter - what is done is done. for now. Let's watch it ramify.

My point was only with shonuff that we saw what was coming at us then and we see it now. Shoot, you can read some of it right here on this board.

Reactions: pawd and shonuff253
Wrong. Go back and listen. All SCOTUS nominees answer loaded questions the same way except for stupid ones. They get rejected.
No you're not getting it, that's not what Thomas said during confirmation but his concurring opinion with today's ruling. That means they want same-sex marriage or other privacy rulings to come back up to them to be struck down as well. This is not hyperbole.

Reactions: pawd

My point was only with shonuff that we saw what was coming at us then and we see it now. Shoot, you can read some of it right here on this board.
Nothing is coming at you. This SCOTUS follows the Constitution. We should all rejoice.

I mean - you can laugh...

…so, it is unclear what states will do, if anything, about interstate travel for abortions. It’s also unclear what the law says….but it’s coming. Get that man a jump to conclusions mat.

Good gracious man get ahold of yourself.

Let’s check out this esteemed law professor while we are at it…

@DrexelKline
feminist law professor , reproductive rights activist, avid cyclist, husband, dad, indie rock enthusiast, Vermont lover, Phillies fan, he/him

No you're not getting it, that's not what Thomas said during confirmation but his concurring opinion with today's ruling. That means they want same-sex marriage or other privacy rulings to come back up to them to be struck down as well. This is not hyperbole.
Thomas may want it but it will NEVER get by the majority. I hate same sex marriage but it does have some protection within the Constitution. I know for sure most of the majority of SCOTUS will not overturn that which has protection ... unlike the other 3 who are proven traitors to their oath.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The left is screaming that the Republicans are taking certain rights away and yet they find nothing wrong with the government telling us who we have to hire, who we have to sell our house to, who we have to associate with.
No,Your Godliness should tell You that and I wish,no i don't, but i will say it anyway. I wish You had to walk in the shoes that those You speak about and deal with people like You..GO DAWGS

…so, it is unclear what states will do, if anything, about interstate travel for abortions. It’s also unclear what the law says….but it’s coming. Get that man a jump to conclusions mat.

Good gracious man get ahold of yourself.

Let’s check out this esteemed law professor while we are at it…

@DrexelKline
feminist law professor , reproductive rights activist, avid cyclist, husband, dad, indie rock enthusiast, Vermont lover, Phillies fan, he/him

maybe you should read the dissent. It cites the same issues.

Nothing is coming at you. This SCOTUS follows the Constitution. We should all rejoice.
From the dissent: “Those responsible for the original Constitution, including the Fourteenth Amendment, did not perceive women as equals, and did not recognize women’s rights,” they write. “When the majority says that we must read our foundational charter as viewed at the time of ratification (except that we may also check it against the Dark Ages), it consigns women to second-class citizenship.”

Are you upset a few innocent babies lives might be saved? Not enough murder for you? Do you watch videos of the little arms and legs being raked are vacuumed out of the womb. What about needles to the brain. That excite you ?

Are you upset a few innocent babies lives might be saved? Not enough murder for you? Do you watch videos of the little arms and legs being raked are vacuumed out of the womb. What about needles to the brain. That excite you ?
I bet your google search history is a gem.

other issues this will affect. Thomas has already said

"Reproductive rights could be the first of the privacy rights to disappear for many Americans–but it won’t stop there. Emboldened anti-privacy advocates are already turning their attention to restricting access to other areas of reproductive health, marriage rights, and any number of issues that should be considered personal and off limits.

Also, some states are even pushing "Personhood Bills" that say life begins at contraception. This is personal to me because I had my son via IVF. In states where PB are enacted fertility clinics will particularly go out of business due to the embryos that are formed during the IVF process will now be considered "people" and due all the same protections. Thomas in is concurring opinions has said contraception and gay marriage should be relooked at...what limits are there now from government intervening into individual personal life.

Regardless of your personal opinion on abortions how can you have individual freedom without privacy from the government?

Sure to piss some people from both sides off, but probably a common result.

Not quite the left utopia of Oregon where they’ll basically let you strangle them in the delivery room. But will save some

Lawyers and GOP electeds.

I bet you there is a case in front of SCOTUS to this effect within five years. How they rule is another question...

Kavanaugh seems to draw a line but we know how reliable what he says is...
Haven't heard from the Ford lady lately. You?

"Reproductive rights could be the first of the privacy rights to disappear for many Americans–but it won’t stop there. Emboldened anti-privacy advocates are already turning their attention to restricting access to other areas of reproductive health, marriage rights, and any number of issues that should be considered personal and off limits.

Also, some states are even pushing "Personhood Bills" that say life begins at contraception. This is personal to me because I had my son via IVF. In states where PB are enacted fertility clinics will particularly go out of business due to the embryos that are formed during the IVF process will now be considered "people" and due all the same protections. Thomas in is concurring opinions has said contraception and gay marriage should be relooked at...what limits are there now from government intervening into individual personal life.

Regardless of your personal opinion on abortions how can you have individual freedom without privacy from the government?

and covid shots?

You get credit for identifying that RvW is not about abortion, but privacy. However, if I murder someone in the living room of my home, that is ‘in private’ but it’s still within the purview of the gov’t what I do there.

Reactions: Whosyodawgy
Meh, it was the Constitutionally correct decision. Everyone has personal feelings about these rulings, which is the best part of the Constitution, it takes personal feelings and opinions out of consideration.

as far as individual freedoms being usurped by our fed govt, arguing about something that may happen is a waste of time when our rights have been so thoroughly disregarded by this and previous federal authorities. we have a long way to go in gaining back basic freedoms we have lost to worry so much about what a ruling may lead to.
Many like to say disruptive shit. Name the basic freedoms we have lost?

I bet your google search history is a gem.
Youre the one that approves of baby murder. I’ll gladly compare mine to yours. Lately I’ve searched Bible verses containing the phrase “not made with hands”, crappie fishing in nottely lake, how long it took to build the temple of Apollo in Didim Turkey, How much the marble columns weighed, and lies and violence by democrats. The last 2 items returned pages and pages.

what you got?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shonuff253
From the dissent: “Those responsible for the original Constitution, including the Fourteenth Amendment, did not perceive women as equals, and did not recognize women’s rights,” they write. “When the majority says that we must read our foundational charter as viewed at the time of ratification (except that we may also check it against the Dark Ages), it consigns women to second-class citizenship.”

The dissent in this case is written by 3 judges who have long since betrayed their oath in favor of liberal activism. Even Bader Ginsburg said Roe was not Constitutionally sound.
To assert that the Constitution is being viewed or interpreted as it was in 1787 is an absolute lie. Same sex marriage would not be upheld in 1787. Women are now pretended to be equal in the military even though they are not. They are favored for promotion in the military over far, far more qualified men to the detriment of national security.
The rights of "we the people" must still be viewed in that context and you should thank God they are. But you won't. You will only continue to consider yourself as deserving of great liberty because someone else's blood procured it for you.

• Haha
Reactions: shonuff253
The left is screaming that the Republicans are taking certain rights away and yet they find nothing wrong with the government telling us who we have to hire, who we have to sell our house to, who we have to associate with.
dead on here
amazing the left ignores all of this

The funny thing about Thomas, is most of those SC decisions he thinks were wrong and should go back to the states were decided around the same time the SC ruled that states didn't have the right to say who you married. Nebraska, where Thomas later married his wife, did not allow interracial marriage at the time. I wonder if he thinks that was also a bad SC decision.

TBD. The dissent noted these things are likely to come to pass.

Read it.
You keep acting like the dissent has bearing on the issues. It is simply the loser's report. It would be the same way if the results were reversed. What they think is irrelevant.

Keep reading about unintended consequences. With govt mandated vaccines there will be some they have adverse reactions and possible death. With govt mandated mask and distancing policies we’ve learned of the harm that has caused to our kids’ health and learning.

Any decision has unintended consequences. There’s no perfect world. We left that world many years ago.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I wonder who else it affect.? If Women,then Clarence better watch out things could change for Him

Youre the one that approves of baby murder. I’ll gladly compare mine to yours. Lately I’ve searched Bible verses containing the phrase “not made with hands”, crappie fishing in nottely lake, how long it took to build the temple of Apollo in Didim Turkey, How much the marble columns weighed, and lies and violence by democrats. The last 2 items returned pages and pages.

what you got?
I value the mothers life first, and her right to choose second. I don't hate anyone.
Ummmm. You forget someone? Lol

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Which parts of the US Constitution limit women's rights, or "consign women to second class citizenship?"

Trick question. You won't find any. Women's rights aren't separated from any other human rights in the Constitution.

The dissent is written by those looking for an excuse to change the constitution rather than follow it. You have to do some real mental gymnastics to justify this view. The Constitution didn't look to dictate our entire legal system. It is a framework intended to limit the power of the central government and preserve (not grant) the basic rights of the people. Rights are not limited to those specifically referenced in the Constitution.

We know that today because we have the Federalist Papers and the letters to state conventions to ratify the Constitution. We have a legal system to fill in the rest, as long as those laws don't cross the bounds of the Constitution.

Roe V Wade is a particularly troubled bit of legal precedent, regarded as problematic by supporters and detractors alike. Its a matter that could, and should, be addressed through the law. What the national politicians don't want to talk about is the fact that they had 50 years to address that. And didn't.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT