ADVERTISEMENT

'Rules expert'

bulldogmatic

Blackshear Natty Productions, Inc.
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2015
Blackshear, GA
Bill Lemonnier should have his job title changed to 'Assistant Color Commentator'. Because a rules Expert he is not. When asked to weigh in he said "Well someone had the guts to step up and talk about the call, they had time because of the delay with the bottles on the field, but they got together and 'DID THE RIGHT THING'. 'Rules Expert'? Well, Mr. Rules Expert, please elaborate further on what the difference is between a 'Reviewable Call' & a 'Non-Reviewable Call'. Because I've always thought 'Non-Reviewable' essentially meant 'Irreversable'. I think the majority of us would agree that it wasn't defensive PI. I don't think it was offensive PI neither. And imo, the DB made as much contact as KJ did on the PI called in the endzone. But whether you think it was a good call, a bad call, a questionable call, or the worst call in the history of sports; regardless, a true 'rules expert' would say one thing is for certain, it is immutable & play goes on. Also, a true 'rules expert' would argue that a delay of game or unsportsman like penalty must be called on the team of the fans that littered the field. But regardless, I'm torn on this. Part of me is glad they reversed it because it takes away any excuse from UT. But then again, it irks me because these kinds of things take away from the integrity of the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.