ADVERTISEMENT

Rush Limbaugh

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
AAS3Jtr.img

Conservative talk radio host and political commentator Rush Limbaugh -- one of the most polarizing yet influential media figures of recent decades -- died on Feb. 17 a year after revealing he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, wife Kathryn announced. He was 70. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Donald Trump at the State of the Union address in 2020 days after announcing his cancer battle.

Michael Nesmith, the musician best known as a member of The Monkees and for his work on the band's eponymous 1960s TV show, died on Dec. 10. "With Infinite Love we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes," his family told Rolling Stone in a statement. He was 78. Less than a month before his death, the guitarist -- who executive produced the cult hit film "Repo Man" and won the first ever Grammy awarded for video of the year, for his show "Elephant Parts" -- performed his final show on a farewell tour with Monkees bandmate Micky Dolenz. "I'm heartbroken. I've lost a dear friend and partner. I'm so grateful that we could spend the last couple of months together doing what we loved best -- singing, laughing, and doing shtick. I'll miss it all so much. Especially the shtick. Rest in peace, Nez. All my love," Micky shared after learning the sad news.
AARYhSp.img

AAS3Jvh.img
Grammy-nominated music star Don Everly of the Everly Brothers (left) -- one of rock 'n' roll's most influential duos, who were known for their impressive vocal harmonies -- died in Nashville on Aug. 21. He was 84. "Don lived by what he felt in his heart," his family said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. "Don expressed his appreciation for the ability to live his dreams … with his soulmate and wife, Adela, and sharing the music that made him an Everly Brother." Don's late younger brother and bandmate, Phil (right) -- with whom he recorded hit songs including "Cathy's Clown," "All I Have to Do Is Dream" and "Bye Bye Love" -- passed away in 2014.

AAS3JA4.img
On Sept. 27, the family of actress Jean Hale -- who memorably played the Mad Hatter's beautiful gal Polly, the hat-check girl -- on TV's "Batman" -- revealed she died at 82 in Santa Monica, California, on Aug. 3, Deadline reported. Jean -- who was married to actor Dabney Coleman from 1961 to 1984 -- also popped up on a slew of popular television shows including "Bonanza," "Hawaii Five-O," "McHale's Navy," "The Perry Mason Show," "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour," "Hogan's Heroes" and many more. On the big screen, one of her most high-profile projects was the 1967 James Coburn spy parody "In Like Flint."

AAS3zEr.img
William Smith, who was known for playing tough guys, passed away at 88 on July 5 at the Motion Picture & Television Country House in Los Angeles, his wife confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He appeared in everything from "Rich Man, Poor Man" and "Any Which Way You Can" to "Hawaii Five-O" and "Laredo."

AAS3JAU.img
Middleweight boxing great Marvelous Marvin Hagler died on March 13 at 66. "Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire," heartbroken wife Kay wrote on Facebook. Marvin's website posted a statement saying the boxer died of "natural causes near his home in New Hampshire. He was a champion until the end." Though boxer Thomas "Hitman" Hearns made headlines when he claimed on Instagram that Marvin was in the ICU "fighting the after effects of the [COVID-19] vaccine," that allegation does not appear to be backed up by the legend's family. Son James told TMZ that Marvin was taken to a hospital, where he later died, after experiencing trouble breathing and chest pains at home.

AAS3JCu.img
On Jan. 18, singer Jimmie Rodgers -- who was best known for his late '50s hits like "Honeycomb" and "Kisses Sweeter Than Wine" -- died from kidney disease in Palm Desert, California. He'd also tested positive for COVID-19, publicist Alan Eichler told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 87

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT